The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Transmission flush

Tre3zy

I have a spare transmission that i currently put in my gvr4 its been seating for a bit and i wanted to do a flush before putting a good trans fluid on it... Wat do you guys use to do a flush?

I used mobile 1 syntec. Oil on my motor and tranny and rear end.. To me is the best outhere if ur asking wat type of oil to use

4thStroke

I would just use a cheap gear oil, drive a few miles and drain it. If the oil still looks fresh, add your oil of choice. If it looks pretty well used or separated, repeat until the cheap oil looks fresh when you drain it.

Tre3zy

wat weight should i use?

Tre3zy

cool thnx.... and i was planning on using mt-90 for daily and some mild track use...

Brunoboy

I wish I knew about this before, I'm near 600 miles on a fresh rebuilt stage 2 and I haven't flushed yet running mt-90/MTL right now =[.

gtluke

I bet ATF would be an awesome flush. Not sure if anyone has tried that though but I've been tempted.

Tre3zy

Quoting brunoboy:
I wish I knew about this before, I'm near 600 miles on a fresh rebuilt stage 2 and I haven't flushed yet running mt-90/MTL right now =[.

I told you to flush that sh*t but you dont listen... Might wanna do it now

Brunoboy

Its such an expensive flush -__- lol.

Tre3zy

Well pick one $40 to flush or $1000 for another trans...

Brunoboy

good point, maybe when it stops raining.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned