The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Jdm front clip

Hey guys I want to c yalls opinion. I been thinking about doing a front clip swap to my galant. Because I found me a cheap one.. But I was wondering if there was god sides or bad side to doin this.. Let me know wat ya think about it?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4wheelsqueal

Depends on how much is there. I picked up 1803/2k from florida that had been swapped but it needs all the parts behind the dash (heater, a/c, fan) and they cost a bundle to ship over. I think that I've been told that the engine harness has to be the same year as the body harness to work but not certain on that. Its a lot of work to swap it, I do know that.

Well I found me a complete right handed drive clip.... Everything is in it from motor trany to iterior...

Well I found me a complete right handed drive clip.... Everything is in it from motor trany to iterior... Hood bumper lights everyting man

4wheelsqueal

You would have to remove everything from your engine bay in your vr4, front subframe, remove dash, a/c, heater, fan, wiring, steering wheel pedals, clutch master cylinder, brake master cylinder, carpet,and windshield. Then drill out all spot welds on vr4 firewall and the same on jdm clip. Then weld jdm firewall into vr4 and install all jdm firewall stuff and subframe. Would also need jdm front door panels and jdm carpet (its different than usdm) and the body harness for he same year as the front clip. There are guys on here that have done the swap, jc for one, and can give you more tips on what you'd need. I think his screen name is jcgalnt-vr4 244. He's building a blue jdm swapped vr4. Good luck!

misterfixit

The other two you missed are the centre console and handbrake lever (in the us its on the left of the console, for rhd its on the right) and the FULL body loom.

Rich

Terry Posten

Quoting 14u2nV:
jc's galant is a real JDM isn't it.

Yes, it is a real 1988 Galant VR4.

Just repainted factory color due to an electrical fire a few years back.

4wheelsqueal

Oops! My bad! And forgot that jc told me that misterfixit is a huge help with wiring and technical advice.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned