The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

724/1000 and 90 Galant GSX Intro

dlesser

Posting here for the first time.

I have my 1992 VR4 724/1000 that is on engine number 4 at this point :) Finally have it back on the road with a new tranny, engine, clutch, struts, brakes, and a 16G turbo. It really feels like a solid car again and I am excited put some time into the body.

I also have a 1990 Galant GSX that I just picked up. Looked for a long time to find one and it just showed up for sale one day. It has a drive terrain problem because it feels like a welded center diff but it should be stock...anyone know what LSD config this vehicle came with? I know it has the weaker version of the DSM tranny. It should have a DSM 22 or 23 spline transfer case but I am not sure. When you drive around and turn it will grind the tries on the ground so until I figure this problem out it is parked.

I look forward to searching around and contributing to the forum.

dlesser

I will pull it out later today to take some pics. #724 is white with no sun roof.

I will toss a pic in of the GSX. It was much harder to find the GSX than the VR4.

dlesser

Here are some pics, I just got this car running last week and I have not cleaned it for far too long.

Here is a quick pick of the daily driver project, the 1990 Galant GSX

I need another weekend to clean it up. Need to address the idle surge. From my tests I think my FIAV is letting the air in so I plan to block it off.

Dark_Horse

I saw that GGSX on craigslist for a few weeks and had to talk myself out of going to look at it. How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? IIRC, it was on sale for $800.

dlesser

Haha, I tried to let it sit till the weekend and then couldn't contain my self. I just took 2 hours off work to go buy it. I paid $600 for it. It has a broken exhaust, struts need to be replaced, and there is something wrong in the drive terrian. It feels like a welded center diff (Have one in the GVR4) but it shouldn't be. I was going to look at the transfercase first this weekend.

I am also guessing the tierod ends are done because it wanders all over the road. Beyond that everyting else works in the car! Engine is strong, all electronics work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned