The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Firewall cleanup

mikus

Almost 2K posts in and I don't know what some of the crap on my firewall is... if it ain't broke I guess. Can you guys help me out here on 1) what it is, and 2) what are y'all doing to remove/delete it?

1) Wiper Motor? I don't think we have many options on this one...

2) Washer fluid. Easily removed, a couple bolts. For those that do, where are you doing instead?

3) Cruise Control. Easily removed, requires a non-cruise throttle cable. See how to for detailed link.

4) Transistor... thingie and some other junk on a bracket. Transistor thing maybe bolt to less conspicuous spot, lower?

5) more stuff

6) Horn thing. Is that for teh alarm only? Can it go?

14u2nV

1. Yes
2. yes, I think some people just remove it completely. I like mine.
3. yes
4. I think there was a solenoid there, and the injector resistor pack is the alum block. solenoid can be gone, pack can be moved somewhere else.
5. All I have here is a bunch of grounds, they can be moved to another grounding point.
6. Yes, alarm horn and it can be taken out if you don't use your alarm.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts