The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Engine build of #692

rdomeck

There has been a collision of my pistons and valves....Which is going to lead to a bunch of internal engine parts. Can you guys recommend an aftermarket company that stocks pistons, valves, turbos, etc. I'm new to the GVR4 world as I didn't have my car two weeks or 385 miles before the engine blew up. Parts that I'm looking for are......

Pistons, rings, rods, and bearings
Valves, springs, retainers and maybe cams
16G turbo, gaskets, turbo related plumbing, etc.

I run a fabrication shop so I plan to make my own exhaust, and intercooler. And all of that related stuff. Could use a name of a company that sells intercooler cores also!

Thanks,

rdomeck

Any body deal with Street Tuned Motors or Real Street Performance Engines?

I have bought many things from STM, Most occasions there a couple bucks more expensive, but I like their customer service and there just good people to deal with, never Heard of the other before.

Jesse

MAPerformance is okay. Bought a few items from them but they shipped the order i multiple shipments. You might also want to look at piston rings if it's not on your list.

rdomeck

I had rings on the list. Thanks for the feedback. I was able to remove the engine tonight and get it all tore apart. Ready for the machine shop.

Hey man when I get my build finished I would like to stop by somewhere in Indiana and check yours out. I'm from Ohio and I don't know one single person here with a dsm so I don't get to talk about them with anyone around here because all they drive are diesels and Hondas. And if you don't mind posting pics of your front mount and possibly making another one to sell. I need one ti fit in the stock from bumper though if that's the route your going. And if you don't mind me asking what crank are you gonna run? I'm gonna get the eagle ESP and use Clevite bearings with Eagle H-beam rods but I'm not sure what pistons yet or rings.

rdomeck

I'm leaning towards mounting the intercooler above the transmission and putting in a hood scoop and then ducting the air under the car. Not really sure, I'll have to see how the engine build goes and how much time I have to do the custom work that I have planned. I may end up making a front mounted one instead, I'll just have to see! You are more than welcome to stop in Indy anytime!

gvr41190

Hi rdomeck,

There is a decently active Indy DSM community that might be able to help with some of your questions. I don't know the guys personally, but from the Indy Stars forum,it seems that there are some really competent people. At least a few of them retail parts and do tuning, too. In no way would it replace the wealth of information here, but it can't hurt to have the insights of the locals.

Indy Stars Forum

rdomeck

Thanks for the info...I just joined and this should help out a bunch. It's been a while since I have had machine work done as I normally do it my self, but I'm way to busy these day's. Hopefully I can find a reputable shop in Indy through these guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned