The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trans/Block bolts

asmo

The rear ones go threw the starter, just noticed your local are you on utdsm.org? also I work at the mitsu dealership in the automall pm me if you need any parts.

Brunoboy

The rear iirc doesn't go through the starter it's under the car facing the passenger side of the car right at te end of the tranny meeting the block surface.

OMFGeofffff

bolts.gif

From the rear of the engine, near the firewall:

1. small bolt, 12mm head, above the xfer case, running from the engine block side, through a non-tapped hole, into a tapped hole in the tranny
2. starter bolt, 14mm head, sandwiching the bellhousing plate between the bellhousing and starter
3. starter bolt, 14mm head, sandwiching the bellhousing plate between the bellhousing and starter
4. top rear tranny bolt, 14mm head, holds the coolant pipe bracket to the bellhousing, threads into block
5. top front tranny bolt, 14mm head, threads into block
6. bellhousing plate bolt, 10mm head, holds bellhousing plate to the bellhousing
7. front tranny bolt, 14mm head. Down near the slave cyl. MUST be in place, or you'll break things.
8. bottom - 12mm head, flywheel inspection plate cover bolt

Here's a picture of the rear most bolt.

clutch-20.jpg

The8er

Ahhh!! Yes!! Exactly what I was looking for./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif I'm pretty sure its the one that is in the rear that goes back into the tranny #1. I'm guessing it's smaller and fits through the threaded hole in the block??

Sorry got tied up/side tracked with other projects last week but I thank you all for your help.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned