The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The DSM Graveyard

I just want to share with all of you my recent experience with The DSM Graveyard. (http://www.thedsmgraveyard.com/)

On July 24 I paid for a frankestein shortblock from theme, after that I changed my mind and asked for a 2.3L Stage 3 shortblock and I include in the order other parts, so I paid the pending amount on August /01 /2012.
The other parts were:

Oil Pump Assembly
Oil pick Up tube
Oil Pump CastlePlug with O rings
Balance Shaft Ekiminator kit
ITM Full Gasket Set
Timing Kit with Gates Belt

They finished my block on November 02 so it tooks 3 months to get it ready (they explain me why so no problem - but it was a lot of time)

WHAT I CANT UNDERSTAND IS WHY THEY DIDNT SENT THE OTHER PARTS I ASKED, AND WHY THEY ARE NOT ANSWERING ANY OF MY MESSAGES SINCE 2 WEEKS AGO (BY PHONE, BY EMAIL ETC.)

Due to I live outside U.S. I will receive the block tomorrow but I cant do anything because the other stuff are not here.

What do you think guys?

I hope Jon or Josh could know about this post.

I dont want to complain with my credit card but it seems theres no other way.

crimsondragon

If you've seen their reviews on Tuners, you would understand whats going on. How they're still in business is beyond me.

jmorri15

I had an awful experience with them as well. Over a month and a half to get a rebuilt head. Then the one they sent me was a 1g off a 7bolt so I had to drill out the headbolt holes.

JackstandTSi

I have ordered OEM interior/exterior pieces from them with no issues before but that was just small stuff. I have read reviews from them on Tuners and they have a pretty bad rap sheet. I believe Strictly Import Motorsports also has a pretty bad rap sheet on Tuners also. My buddy ended up buying the Jon Walker 2.3l Shortblock and within the first 500 miles and crankwalked and flattened most of the bearings. All in all i will not be ordering a motor from them, and i may purchase small OEM stuff.

Redwood

i have been to this shop a couple of time and its not the greatest and Jon seem to be a good guy, but i order small OEM parts from them and it took over a month to get those parts. I even called them everyweek asking about them, and they were like yea we should be able to get them shipped out here tomorrow. yea 5 weeks later i got my parts. These parts where also suppose to be in stock parts that should have been at most a week for them to get to me. i only live and hour away from the shop.

Well ... it seems my pending parts were delivered today in Miami (in order to be forwarded to me by my courier but the shipping to here will last 2 more weeks). I hope everything comes there.

So this order tooks 4 months and 12 freaking days.

I`ll let you know if they sent all parts.

matt92vr4

I ordered 2g/1g piston and rod combo from them. Parts took about 2 months and got the run around and BS excuses. Fortunately when they finally did arrive everything was perfect.

They seem to be nice people with good parts. Perhaps they are understaffed and unable to provide the type of customer service and lead times we all desire.

All my parts arrives OK and my GVR4 is already running. They seems to be nice people so I hope they can improve in delivery times.

matt92vr4

I have rod knock. I'm not saying it's their fault, just giving an update.

362Ryan

I'm not thrilled about their customer service. 2 weeks after placing an order I was finally able to get an update. They are shipping me 2 of the 16 rocker arms I ordered and the remaining 14 will be dropped shipped at a yet to be determined time. It took a week of calling to get that precious gem.

transparentdsm

file a claim with your credit card company or paypal. send those back and start looking again. this company has slowly been getting bad over the years and as of the last few years they have been completely unreliable for anything. i dont even know how they stay in business, maybe its a front for drugs or something... hiding kilo's in blocks.

362Ryan

Update:
6 of the 16 rockers sent were the wrong ones. Called to inform them, sent those back and got 6 more back. 3 of those were the wrong ones again.
Told them I will be sending everything back and want a refund. They seem to think a month of waiting to fulfill an order is acceptable and want me to pay a restocking fee, when they sent me the wrong parts. UGH

Parts sent back after a day of unpleasant emails. Add another $17 to the amount of money I have wasted dealing with them.
Credit card company is not very helpful so it looks like I will not be seeing any money back either.

I would avoid this company at all costs. They are incompetent and a massive headache to deal with.

Last edited:

Gvr41415

it took them six months to do a shortblock bored for evo 9 pistions, and they also never sent my headgasket and itm kit wp ect until 3 weeks after the block arrived. I literally had to call and baby sit like 2x a week to get my stuff. They said I should have everything 3-5 weeks when I orded. B.S.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts