The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Socal vr4 meet!

GVR4ZUM

I'm in, let's do it, it's going to be good.
I'm good on the 28th.

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

I'm in. Perhaps we can meet up and have a canyon drive and then head to have some breakfast? We could also BBQ.
What did you all have in mind? I can't do weekend of the 28th.

ApexHunter

Great idea there on the drive/eat.
Schedule conflict for me. Future in-laws are coming out to visit us that weekend.

KiNgMaRtY

How about the 12th or the 19th? Sundays are better as there is no traffic. I would also suggest trying to meet there by 7:00AM.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

I'd do the 26th, but I would assume most people will be busy with family and Thanksgiving.

Who's available for a meet following turkey day on Sunday, the 26th?

GVR4ZUM

As of right now I can do 26th, hope we won't have any family plans like going to Vegas or something like that. lol

GSTwithPSI

OK, let's plan on the 26th.

Ideas for the meet? What road for the canyon drive, and where you all want to grab food at?

One idea could be a drive on Hwy 74 (AKA Ortega) and either get breakfast or lunch before/after at the Lookout Roadhouse. Ortega runs East/West connecting the I 15 and I 5, from Lake Elsinore to San Juan Capistrano, so depending on whether everyone wants to eat before or after the drive would determine which side we start from. The restaurant opens up at 8am on Sundays.

My suggestion would be meet up in San Juan Capistrano at 7am to grab coffee and bullshit. Then, around 8am, punch out to hit the twisties, following up with brunch at the Road House whenever the group gets there. For the guys who have to go back to the 5 to get home, bonus, because you can just do the road backwards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The road is really nice. It has good sweepers, clean pavement, and plenty of twisties. Traffic shouldn't be too bad early on a Sunday morning, and there are plenty of pull-offs if we want to stop to let traffic pass, or take pics.

I've been up and down Ortega a million times (I've never eaten at the Lookout Roadhouse, though), so I'm definitely open to other roads and food plans. Hoping to hear your guys' suggestions.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts