The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

East Coast Shootout. June 8th at Cecil County, MD

EMX5636

Just a note, I am not responsible for setting this up, but I do know a few of the people involved so I figured I would share it with the forum for anyone interested.

Gizmo is already attending in the Q16 class!

Here are the links for info if you haven't been following on Facebook.

click

click

Last edited:

EMX5636

The field is looking pretty large! Even Brent Rau's old 2G is supposed to be making the trip from Australia! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

I am going either way, and am considering participating in the true street class just for some fun passes.

holeshotmoe

Starting to look pretty interesting indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gizmovr4

Anyone here plan to attend this?

EMX5636

I'm attending either way, but unsure if I'll be racing in True Street Class or not.

89Mirageman

Any idea what time this will be over? Wife and daughter have school/work the following day and its about a 6 hour drive home for us.

TomN

Ill be there. Driving there with a friend but neither if us will have a dsm there.
Hopefully next year we both will.

EMX5636

It's coming down to the wire for me here... I still gotta get my head back on, springs swapped over, and a re-tune beforehand. And I have been having a crazy work week so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif But even if the car doesn't make it, I'll be there.

holeshotmoe

^^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Probably driving the eclipse because all this...

...still has to go in here...

holeshotmoe

By the way, anyone want to meet up to caravan? I'm passing through Frederick, MD vicinity around 6:30 a.m. and Baltimore about 7:30 a.m.

Last edited:

Fiascoxl

Well I found a four bolt rear and it will be here tomorrow just in time, but my boss has informed me that I have to work both days this weekend. Bummed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

Gizmovr4

Well - 431 is ready to hit the track with a new setup that has more awhp and boost than it's had In the past few year. Family events by both Nate and I have kept the car from hitting the track this year ... Actually at this point I have no idea when we will hit the track - life has become extremely busy. With this said 431 will not be at this event. Hopefully we will have the car back to the track soon!

EMX5636

I made it down to watch, but didn't get the car ready. I got it all together last night around midnight, took it out for like 45mins, but developed a lifter/rocker noise around 3k RPM that I didn't feel like looking into at 1am. I think I either collapsed a lifter, or a rocker roller is hanging up. Weather was nice though, but ended up being a little smaller turnout than I hoped for. But people are already gearing up for next year, so hopefully it will grow!

Gizmovr4

I am disappointed that we didn't go with 431 especially since the Q16 field was slower than expected - winning car ran 9.2 in the quarter. I did have a last minute thought of going with 584 - even loaded it on the trailer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
Next year I suppose !

89Mirageman

We went to watch as well. Had a blast other than the slight sunburn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I hate that I didn't get a chance to meet you guys that went. It was all kinda last minute. Maybe next year.

holeshotmoe

Took a few vids and pics. I'll try to post up tomorrow. (Don't know how I will put vids up.) Not a real big turnout. Only one GVR4 that I saw. Didn't get to meet the owner though. Anyone on here? Bunch of DSMs, some quick ones...at least compared to my cars :) One GTR, just commuting I believe. Saw at least three Mirage/Summits converted to AWD. Maybe a fourth actually, but I didn't get a chance to scope that one out. Two of them were in pretty rough shape, but I credit the young guys who put them together in their driveways using a box a hand tools. That's alot of work, but a good learning experience, them having to piece-meal cars together with used, dirty parts. But they did it, and they made it to this event :) One of them said they bought their entire conversion for like $800 (IIRC), or maybe that was for the Mirage and the donor. The AWD transmission was completely blown. One of them worked at a machine shop so I guess they has some tooling like a press and pullers for the trans work. One used all 1G donor parts on his and the other guy said his was all from a 2G. They said it was mostly bolt-on except for the drive shafts, which had to be lengthened 5". Said the tunnel was there alread. Reminded me of when I was 18-20 years old, making only $151 every 15 days. That is some slim pickings. So you just do what you can to keep your stuff running or to look a little better. That usually amounted new plugs, some carb cleaner, spray painting steelies silver, hand painting flames on the side, and jacking up the rear-end using pieces of angle iron attached to the back of the leaf springs. Today, most of the time we call them ricers. I give them kudos for the effort. And yes, sunburn here too.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts