The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Colorado (and maybe surrounding states) people long term plan?

I am hoping for some early planning for a meet/cruise next summer. Being a truck driver, I have been watching crews of Corvettes, Porsches, Vipers, etc., pounding the pavement for years. Everytime that I am witness to one of these clubs, I really want to be one of those guys. I feel like with a lot of planning, and a hefty heads up, it would be possible to get 40-50 or maybe more of us in one spot at once. Folks could strive to get their buckets running, and those of us with running buckets could strive to help others. The photo oppurtunities would be endless, and the comradery would only strengthen the "close knit" feeling of this community.

Depending on the interest level/response, I have several ideas that I want to throw out there.

>Western states meet

Diego

Camping/backpacking/cruise in Estes sounds peachy for the summer, or a trip to Sevens Falls or Garden of the Gods!

makedollarz

garden of the gods is small i think, only takes like 5 minutes to drive through the entire park, and its always really congested. Whats Estes park like.

biglady112

Estes has awesome curvy mountain roads. Plenty to see. I am ok if this thing stays in colorado, as I map put my vacations well ahead of time and 1-2 weeks are for racing and 1-2 weeks are for family. I can spare a day or two locally though.

I haven't been to estes in a long while so that would be awesome. If garden of the gods ends up in the plan, the plus is that admission is free and there are many other attractions nearby, such as seven falls or the royal gorge that could give us more stuff to fill the day. Some of the most scenic places in Colorado are in the southwestern portion of the state near pagosa springs, and durango, telluride, placerville areas, and I never get to stop and enjoy it because the wheels gotta keep rolling in my big truck. If we go that way though, it'll likely be an overnight excursion.

Diego, i have no qualms with camping somewhere either. I love camping and fishing and the like, so maybe that could be factored in.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Too many old folks with rv's around Estes ...

There's quite a few other areas that are a lot less well known that might be a better option.

... if you don't restrict yourself to pavement, there's some other choices as well ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Galantvr4559

An off pavement meet up would be cool. Up in the mountains somewhere. Hell maybe even a drive up to the top of pikes peak. I've never driven the road but have ridden cog railroad to the top. I agree with toybreaker about estes park. Nice place but there is way better.

Diego

I cut my finger (real bad) at work, no wrenching for a few weeks...

Quoting Diego:
I cut my finger (real bad) at work, no wrenching for a few weeks...

What the hell did you do that for?

In4pics.

Diego

Give me a second to send them to my e-mail.

Edit: I am the manager at SilverMine and was cleaning the deli slicer blade ( it was Zero'd out) and my finger got in between the guard and the housing of the machine.... Took my fingertip off... FML

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Ouch!

Hey why not just plan a meet for next years shootout?

Diego

Justin would need to borrow 1309 for a few weeks to fix any bugs that might occur on that long of a trip.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GSX_TC

I'll be driving the VR4 all the way to next years shootout again, might even try to trailer out one of my 1g's this time too. If we can all plan ahead and work hard on getting all your cars running good hopefully we can get alot more than 7 VR4's in attendance for next years shootout.

It would be nice to have anything in the double digits for pictures.

Last edited:

Diego

As long as you pass through Colorado, I would be willing to bet we could get a caravan to the shoot-out.

GSX_TC

Passing through Colorado would be going 18 hours in the wrong direction so I doubt that'll happen. Unless you were referring to guys that already live in colorado?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts