The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cowl induction type hood?

Has anyone ever made a cowl induction type hood, or are there any pics of one on a VR4 floating around? I have this vision in my head that looks pretty awesome but I'm not so sure it would actually be awesome in real life.

GSX_TC

Why do u think it would need a cowled Hood? It wouldn't look right man

There's no "need" involved here. I don't need it at all. Its just something that I've been kicking around in my head for a couple years, and I'm wondering if its been done before.

alansupra94

9803camaro4CIHD%5B1%5D.jpg

Like this?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Diego

Justin, iirc i found a site a few years back that made our hoods, with an "invader" type look. I'll see if I can find the site again.

Yeah alan, like that, but on a galant. That one is more aggressive than what I was thinking, but yeah.

chucklesas

There was a woman on here that had a Galant VR4 that was into 3000GT VR4s that was building a cowl type hood for her Galant. There was a picture of them forming it out of foam a number of years back. I think it was girlievr4 or something like that (not Wendy). Unfortunately those posts are too old and long gone, but I'm sure the pictures are still hiding in the database somewhere.

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting galant1517:
Has anyone ever made a cowl induction type hood, or are there any pics of one on a VR4 floating around? I have this vision in my head that looks pretty awesome but I'm not so sure it would actually be awesome in real life.

You can find it here click

AnotherNewb

Im so confused.... all I saw in that link was the log in page. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

IncorpoRatedX

exactly. He doesnt need to be here.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned