The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got A New Turboback Exhaust

KiNgMaRtY

Long story short, the ACT 2600 crapped out at about 2500 miles after installed by PO since I purchased the car. I took the car to Road Race to diagnose the problem. I realized before I took the car in that the whole 2.5 Turboback exhaust was welded as one piece so I used this as an excuse to get a 3" RRE stealthback exhaust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4-27-11RearPictureExhaust.jpg

4-27-11RearDriverSide.jpg

4-27-11RearSideViewExhaustTop-1.jpg

4-27-11RearSideViewofExhaust.jpg

pot

Staff member
Looks real good! RRE makes quality stuff. I was thrilled w/ the craftsmanship they put into my exhaust.

What sort of muffler did you opt for? It looks good. And is this unit with or w/o a cat?

On another note, did you sort out your clutch issue?

KiNgMaRtY

Thank you POT. I got the shorter Magnaflow muffler and no CAT. Has one resonator that doesnot tapper down at all. Full turboback exhuast was painted black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For the most part sorted ou the clutch issues. It was that the ACT 2600 took a crap within 3K miles from when PO had it installed. Replaced the slave and master cylinders with new OEM units prior to taking it to RRE, Engagement is still really low so I beleive I may try swapping out the peddal to see if that solves the issues left. It looks like a PITA

deez

Old girl looks good. Now you need to get those other wheels I got you shined up and on there.
FYI, I may be selling those bike mounts. My Thule rep may be hooking me up with a complete new system with mounts for my Mazdaspeed 3. Email me in a couple weeks, I may have it by then.

KiNgMaRtY

Thank you. She's looking beautiful. I will try to get those wheels on as soon as I wear the tires that are on the car now.
Let me know on those racks

GSX_TC

Nice, how does it sound?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned