The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lead Foot mpgs

Dan D

Just out of curiosity I'd like to see what kind of mpgs some of the other leadfoots get. If you make 300+ HP and street drive your car regularly (when not on jackstands), post your typical mileage.

hwy: n/a for me
City: 14 to 15 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Lonewolf64

When I drive like I normally do I get about 17-18mpg city and 20-21 with a mix of 50/50 highway/city.

With a lead foot in the city I'd get about 12-14mpg.

alansupra94

I will definitely be posting in here after getting my AEM tuned correctly and with my custom GGSX gear box. I am shooting for 24-25mpg if possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jesh

Well since there are only 7 stoplights in the town I live in and I'm not that much of a lead foot (well I am but I try to control myself) I get about 25-26mpg. If I set the cruise control on the highway I have gotten 31mpg.

Last edited:

Brianawd

Don't DD my vr4 but I get around 17-21mpg with mixed city and hwy driving on e85 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On a side note my GGSX is getting 31.2 with mixed city and hwy driving. Funny because my girlfriends brand new 2011 lancer is getting 29-30 mixed city and hwy. funny that a car that is 21 years old and awd is gettting better mpg then a brand new 2011 fwd.

4thStroke

I've been down to 12mpg. My last tank came in about 19mpg with mixed driving and a few tuning pulls. I topped that tank off with 15 gallons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

i average around 14-19 mpg with a super 16g on 19 psi. and 80% or more throttle most of the time. :X

Brunoboy

23 miles to he first half tank -__-, before I used to get 17-19mpg mixed

Last edited:

19-22mpg 50/50 on city-highway and driving aggressively/not like an assh*le. Hoping to see some minor improvements with a COP system, full 3in exhaust, built transmission (looking more for lower rpms), and later down the road an upgrade to ECM Link3 with tune and a meth kit.

What the heck!? I just drove from ND to MN and got 18mpg all highway and like 13mpg in the city. My car is bone stock minus an exhaust and mbc set to 15psi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

turbofonz

I got 24.6 mpg last tank. Very little WOT, but also almost zero highway. 16g/fuel/link, etc nothing big.

mitsuturbo

Quoting Dan D:
Just out of curiosity I'd like to see what kind of mpgs some of the other leadfoots get. If you make 300+ HP and street drive your car regularly (when not on jackstands), post your typical mileage.

hwy: n/a for me
City: 14 to 15 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

I've honestly seen > 30mpg on one tank, on a road trip, tuned lean for cruising at 70mph.

That being said.... i've also gotten as low as 8-12mpg on a tank, with a lead foot, leaving every stopsign and red light like it's a f***ing christmas tree at the strip, and doing 120+ as much as possible. The capability is there to be able to get really good mileage, if you have decent compression and keep out of boost. Especially cruising at highway speeds. Around town, mid 20's can be easily expected with tame driving. Of course, DSMlink helps a TON with this.

Turbofonz seems to be getting average to good mileage, considering mods and driving style. Sounds like a good all around tune is in place.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

How do u know how many mpg your getting, I wanna know for future reference

Brunoboy

Fill full tank, drive the car, refill, divide your mileage that you've driven by the amount of gas that was filled.

GSX_TC

I'm terrible when it comes to stuff like that but I would divide the milage from when I zeroed the trip to the full tank to what I paid when I filled it up or what.

PreskitVR4

I'm built motor, 550s, 20g, 4g61 head, 28hwy. I personally have never DD'd my car, but my wife did for nearly 2 years, I remember her getting around 17mpg.

Brunoboy

Quoting GSX_TC:
I'm terrible when it comes to stuff like that but I would divide the milage from when I zeroed the trip to the full tank to what I paid when I filled it up or what.

Easiest way is fill full tank, zero the cluster miles out, drive til whenever you decide to fill up, and then take the total miles you drove on the cluster by the number or gallons it takes to refill.

GSX_TC

Cool, so just divide whatever number the cluster reads by how many gallons it takes to fill it back up?

GSX_TC

Thanks guys, now I can't wait to go test mine!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned