The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

For those with 4x114.3 hubs - Enkei 92s coming back to Tirerack

I found out recently that Enkei 92s are going to be produced again. I found that it's hard to find old school look wheels in our bolt pattern. Newer wheels just don't match the style of the car in my opinion. I would really like to afford 2-3k 3 piece BBS wheels but that's not going to happen.

enkei-enkei92-classic-wheel-large-main.jpg

Tirerack is going to start carrying the Enkei 92s in some decent sizes in our wheel pattern:
15x8 ET 25 - $143 each wheel
15x7 ET 38 - $158 each wheel

Not sure what the 16" availability is but I would assume similar. Either way, it's nice to know these are coming back since the original 92s are hard to find and tend to be overpriced even when in just fair condition.

I think this is what I'll end up finally picking up for the VR4 since it's very affordable and looks good for the older look of the VR4 (IMO)

Last edited by a moderator:

alansupra94

You know I have 3 piece HRE wheels that are 16x8 that I will be selling soon. Same exact style. I will take picture soon.

Nice, but I bet way out of my price range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They sound nice though. 8"+ width is the only way I'll go.

CutlassJim

Some 16x8's would be amazing. If it wasn't for the silly offset I'd be looking for another set of FD rims.

raptorWagon

Saw these pop up on tire rack mid Feb. It's great and all that they brought them back, but for the nostalgic guys, the offsets are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif, with +25 and +38 offsets. Meaning Enkei brought these back for mainly FWD applications.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, don't our VR4's require a high offset as well? I thought the +38 is exactly what our cars need. Of course, it'd be nice to fit deep dish wheels as well but that'll look funky sticking out of the fenders. :p

Ian M

When I see those Enkei wheels,I think 1985 not 1991. All they need are some white letter Eagle GTs,and a chick with big hair and acid washed jeans. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I didn't care for them then,and nostalgia still hasn't helped me like them now. They just look like dated wheels to me.

They didn't make a descent looking FWD wheel until the late '90s IMO.I remember the rage in 1991 being "five stars" and "hammers",usually complemented by 5% window tint,GTS headlight covers,chrome fender and rocker trim-and a phantom top if you were really a baller. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif LOTS of Galants around here had that look back in the day. Then came the three spokes...uggh

Last edited:

PreskitVR4

Quoting CutlassJim:
Some 16x8's would be amazing. If it wasn't for the silly offset I'd be looking for another set of FD rims.

FD wheels are 50mm offset, only takes a 10mm spacer to get same fitment as evo wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

alansupra94

Quoting derekmw:
Nice, but I bet way out of my price range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They sound nice though. 8"+ width is the only way I'll go.

Probably not. I would be selling the complete set with tires for $300-400 depends on if I get the one missing wheel.

Essentially I got 4 5 lug HRE 3 piece and 3 4 lug HRE 3 piece rims and I don't need the 4 lugs because I am 5 lug. I will be calling HRE to see if I can get the last one or how much it would cost for the last one.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I had a set for one of my 510s. They were 0 offset, so I agree the offset offered is not necessarily in fitting with the old school concept. Maybe they will have those too.

I also agree these really pre-date the GVR4.

fuel

who cares, old style wheels on newschool cars can look sweet if pulled of correctly

skyline_hr34.jpg

donniekak

Quoting fuel:
who cares, old style wheels on newschool cars can look sweet if pulled of correctly

skyline_hr34.jpg

That looks dumb.

Last edited:

JB

i'd hit that...

Quoting fuel:

That looks fantastic.

He must of done a four lug swap to get those, I thought they came stock 5 lug.

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorWagon

Quoting Red_Bird:

Maybe that R34 is a base model, like how the base model R33 GT has 4 lugs.

fuel

Quoting Red_Bird:
Quoting fuel:

That looks fantastic.

base model R34s are still 4-lug. Has this engine in it, unsure if it's RB20 or RB25 but it has old style R31 RB20DET rocker covers on it.

engine.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned