The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4g63 honing torque plate rental in san francisco area?

Sr71sss

Anyone know or have one they would like to rent out, I need to use one for my Evo 8 4g63, I checked both engines and head bolts are the same as in the dsm 4g63 and the evo 4g63 I know someone in the bay area has one.

Maybe FFtec in hayward possibly does the job or maybe farms out the machine work, any leads would be appreciated

PM or call me at 650-302-5127

conrad

Just a heads up, torque plates are needed when boring, not honing. You can hone it with a drill and your choice of hone ( ball or three leg type). You want it to be spun at 450 rpm and a pumping motion of about 1 stroke per second to give you a nice 45* cross hatch.

ApexHunter

No, you want a torque plate. After boring you'll generally take out another ~0.002" or so (landing you at your target bore diameter) when honing to to create a suitable surface finish. This is a fairly substantial amount of material you're removing and the torque plate is the only way you're going to create the same block distortion that occurs when you torque down the head. Simulating that same distortion while honing is critical for having a round, straight cylinder.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts