The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GM MAF + Ecmlink - cable + hardwire=kosher???

mr.mitsu

If you were able to decipher my title, basically, I want to remove my MAF-T and wire my GM MAF directly to the ecu (running Ecmlink V3 full).

I've searched and read other posts but can't find anything concrete.

I know there are cables available for plug and play but that's not an option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Do I simply connect the yellow, pink and black wires from the MAF to pins 8, 10 & 16 (intake aire temp, air flow & baro) respectively?

I noticed on the readily available cables only 3 wires actually make it to the ecu.

Do I need to add anything to the wires or can I just cut, solder and shrink???

Thanks for any replies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

AnotherNewb

Quoting ECMLINK web site:
The GM MAF cable is actually a little more than just a cable. It incorporates a small PCB built with high quality surface mount components to provide signal conditioning required to feed the GM MAF signal to the ECU.

I guess a bit of magic happens inside the cable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

mr.mitsu

Figured why I can't find any info on running anything BUT the cable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

WaRrIoRs16

I pretty positive that the GM MAF does not get connected to the intake air temp and the baro input to the ECU. If you look at the new cable that ECMLink provides, it leaves those input out and exposed for you to hook something else into it, perhaps for dialing in speed density which does utilize those two inputs. I'm not sure how you hard wire it in though, I just decided to keep it simple and ordered the cable two nights ago.

If you look in the details paragraph for the GM MAF Cable from ECMLink, it verifies the baro and iat breakouts in their cable. GM MAF Cable

Did you not find any information in the ECMLink subforum V3 GM MAF Integration?

Last edited:

mr.mitsu

Quoting mr.mitsu:
Figured why I can't find any info on running anything BUT the cable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

I'm a cheap bastard!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess I'll break down and pick one up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

WaRrIoRs16

Post up on the ECMLink forums, someone will probably know what you need to do if no one here has any info.

mr.mitsu

Picked a cable up.

Anyone searching this topic...just get the cable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mr.mitsu

So, I just want to make sure I'm on the right track here...

I plan on wiring this cable in directly to the ecu (hardwire) because my maf connector is hacked to sh!t

I currently have the translator still hooked up.

Am I correct if I remove all translator wires going to the ecu and just connect the signal wire from the new gm cable to pin 10 (air flow sensor input)?

I plan on using the baro break out for running my AEM WB (white wire), but it looks like the white wire for the baro is the same white wire for the gm maf?!?!

Is anyone running a similar setup?

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned