The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Discovery: #24/1000

ApexHunter

This was sort of a momentous occasion for me. This is the first GVR4 i have seen on the road that was not because of a Mitsu related event since 12/06!!!!!!! I'm on the road a lot too.

I pulled up at a gas staion, and BG GVR4 was leaving. I followed it for a while, eventually it turned off into a parking lot a ways up the road. I started talking with the owner. Turns out, Carl, bought the car new in Louisiana. It is mechanically stock with the exception of a K&N filter. Car has ~180k on it, and he says it has been dead reliable. He is on the original alternator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. The only things wrong are the moonroof tilt feature is not working on the driver's side, and it burns a little after idling which we both agreed were most likely valve stem seals. The car has been driven back and forth from socal to Louisiana about 5 or 6 times without issue.

#24 has been modified for some light duty towing as well.

He said he uses it to tow a small trailer with his Suzuki Boulevard and 'Busa. He seemed pretty stoked on it's towing performance, said there were never any issues and that it seemed to do it with ease.

It was cool to not only see a GVR4 but also to meet the owner who loved the car and has had a great experience with it since it rolled off the dealer lot.

Info is being sent to Iceman.

Terry Posten

Awesome find. Maybe he will stop by.

ApexHunter

Yeah i hope so. I told him about the board. He seemed interested in meeting some fellow GVR4 owners.

This was really cool for me because it was a real life example of the quality of these cars when given an owner that takes care.

That fake wood trim sh*t has got to go. That stuff is hidious. Car's not bad though. Always room for an extra on the org.

citymunky

+1 on the wood trim.

4orced4door

^^^ Permit's hanging in the windshield.

Cool find!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned