The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

619/1000 Rebuild

Lukefraizer

So I tried to make a post earlier but had no pictures and since I'm very new it got denied... No worries, I got some pics now that are a bit older and a lot has been done but here is what i got for ya. We are going for a Rally-x build and several things are getting changed out..... Ok pretty much out of the entire car the shell..... and some of that is even changing. Engine is getting rebuilt in oh about 12 hours or so with new rods pistons cam shafts rockers balance shafts are getting deleted lifters and the list goes on and on. Upgrading to a 3 inch exhaust and an Evo 3 16g turbo, new intake, rotors, stock brakes, throttle body is getting rebuilt/bored out to 65mm, 52mm rally suspension is on order and should be coming in at the end of February! Yeah!

desant78

Good Luck!! Im sure others like me want to so badly one day....rally is the whole reason I own 1662., Have you had any experience with Rally? Keep us posted would love to see how to go out building a car ready for this. I live in a very wooded area and also wonder what it would take to build a car that could take the abuse of the woods.....

Last edited:

Lukefraizer

Nope first rally experience! And I'm very excited! Test and tune in Fountain, CO on the fifth! So the goal is to finish her up by than. Strut bars done even ship till than so it may be a little bit later than that for the final little bits and pieces.

Engine got back from the machine shop yesterday and got her all painted up and looking good. Polly bushings were pushed into place. Thanks to Chris at SCR Performance. Just a few more pics to post on all that good stuff.

Brembo Rotors

Intake is all clean

Just a mat black paint oh here.

I was told not to touch so I put it on a table and left it in the bag till I can get a little assistance putting it all back together

2of9

looks good man! keep it up! Just started mine up today after sleeping through the winter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts