The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

source for electrical wire

belize1334

I need to rebuild the harness for the passenger side of the engine (o2 sensor, temp sensors, etc) and I can't seem to source the striped wires necessary to keep the original color-code. Jegs had a few color options but not the ones I'm looking for. Does anybody know of a source for that stuff?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Waytek has striped wire, but custom ordered and expensive I think. How much do you need? colors and how long? I have a harness from a 1g that I have been canabalizing for years for matching wire colors.

belize1334

The wiring is nice and soft back where it passes under the TB but up by the water pipe it's brittle and broken, on top of the carnage that I reaped. Also, I'm missing the plug for the AC temp sensor (top temp sensor on water-neck).

The colors are variations on Green. G w/ B, G w/ Y, etc. How's that section on your spare harness? Intact? Nice and soft? If it's good to go I'd buy it off of you and then splice it in...

Muskrat

See if you can find a good condition wiring harness from a DSM or Galant in a junk yard. Get the whole thing, then de-pin wires from the ecu connector and pull the wires you need. You probably wont need to find a turbo model, just one with a 4g63 engine. Don't buy a JDM harness, some of their connectors aren't the same, and they use a different o2 sensor.

That's basically what I did and it worked out great. You'll get really good at de-pinning connectors too!

Last edited:

belize1334

Unfortunately the junk-yard here leaves something to be desired as far as Mitsus go. That's what happens in a state thats nearly the size of california with less than a million residents. The last time I asked the guy at the desk he said that he just crushes DSMs on site because in this climate nobody is interested in rear-wheel-drive sports cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I just fixed my 92 for all those wires this summer. I will look at my harness and see what I have and what colors I used for repair. It is not the same harness, just a body harness from a 1g.

RWD sports cars? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Muskrat

Did you at least enlighten him that these cars are FWD or AWD, and therefore very desirable in that climate? Make HIM bang his head against the wall too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

belize1334

Never try to enlighten the man who works at the junkyard. That's his turf and he doesn't take kindly to wise-asses.

I think I'll just get some spools of solid-color wire and match them as closely as I can... it's not perfect but I'm tired of this thing not running...

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
FYI, the plug on the top of the thermostat housing is the same as the A/C pressure plug on DSMs.

belize1334

^^ Where is that on the harness? My A/C is gone so I don't really care about that sensor but as a matter of principle I'd like to avoid deleting harness plugs.

jepherz

Staff member
It's way in the front left, by the coolant overflow tank. Right next to the sensor for power steering.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting jepherz:
FYI, the plug on the top of the thermostat housing is the same as the A/C pressure plug on DSMs.

Exactly the same, or "will work"? I had to repair that on 115 but I don't recall it being identical.

belize1334

What about the little metal pins that go into these plugs? Can they be sourced or do I have to salvage them from the old brittle wires?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts