The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I want to change my car color

does anybody know where i can get all the color codes for the VR4

i am thinking about repainting my car but i am debating whether i should change my NILE BLACK to some other color?

Any opinions on this. I want to change it other than nile black because Vegas gets really hot and it fried my ECU already last summer..

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting 91VR4_657_2000:
does anybody know where i can get all the color codes for the VR4

i am thinking about repainting my car but i am debating whether i should change my NILE BLACK to some other color?

Any opinions on this. I want to change it other than nile black because Vegas gets really hot and it fried my ECU already last summer..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

YES! the car being black torched that thing! change it to white ASAP!

well between the temperature that was 115 degrees and being black had something to do with it i just changed the ecu before summer but good thing i have a spare for DSM link...yeah i was thinking black but for some reason vr4 owners frown on changing the color other than the stock color...I was thinking about changing it to my evo color before of silver bluish color but not sure yet

AnotherNewb

Evo blue with pink racing strips. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Do you really want to invest that much money in doing a body color change correctly? If your thinking a $299 MAACO mask your own car is going to come out looking nice, just trade the galant off for a white 3cyl Geo, before you ruin a rare car. You know one of those windshield shades are way cheaper than paint and do a great job keeping the temps down. And Wops is very correct, Desert heat is not what killed your ECU.

boostedinaz

Quoting 91VR4_657_2000:
well between the temperature that was 115 degrees and being black had something to do with it i just changed the ecu before summer but good thing i have a spare for DSM link...yeah i was thinking black but for some reason vr4 owners frown on changing the color other than the stock color...I was thinking about changing it to my evo color before of silver bluish color but not sure yet

No, I promise the heat had nothing to do with it. I know of a few GVR4s in AZ that have gone....well almost 20 years without the "heat" frying their ECU.

If you are serious about painting your car then you should already know it will be a TON of work to do it correctly. If you are thinking of doing some halfass job on it then you'll end up with a shitty looking car and a dead ECU.

KiNgMaRtY

As mentioned, the color is not an issue and as to why your ECU is getting fried.

If you are just tired of the color, paint it at aleast one of the OEM colors. Don't do pearl white, go for summit white, kensington grey, belize green (G31)....

Don't change it from Nile Black! Nile Black is the fastest color! lol
And I agree, just use the window shades and the windows open a crack and it'll help a lot.

vtecds1

Have the windows tinted 5% all the way around and park under a shade. That`s what I did when I lived out there.

misterfixit

Well here are the colour codes for the different years.

I like hannover green (belize green in the us)

Thats the colour charts.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

NickDromez

ive tinted the all the rear windows to 5% and use window shades and crack the windows and sunroof and everything is all better. more or less.

SWFTW! The original WRC car was summit white. How can you go wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Chad989of2000

Back in Maine the temperature often froze my ecu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif yeah, but if the paint isn't peeling leave it as it is.

misterfixit

Fixed images

Rich

fuel

mine is 'Lamp Black' X94 code, which supposedly isn't metallic but I swear I can see metallics in the paintwork. Mostly original paint too.

yeah just on the roof small size clear coat is coming off passenger fender is damaged a little can be punded and my jdm hood is flat black other than that the paint is beautiful the reason i asked is bc im in the proccess to fully build the motor roll cage bride bucket seats and enter into car shows but at the same tome enter some autocross and time attack events b/c why else did i buy the car for and its not to just sit in the garage.

fuel thanks for the color code

MitsuDriver274

I vote for Graphite Gray, Does anyone have any pictures of a graphite gray galant?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts