The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1667/2000 Final Rebuild Thread

Vman911

So I'm not happy with this 7Bolt Evo8 piston combo. Its never been right since a piston got destroyed in it. I bit the Bullet and ordered all NEW parts for my 6 Bolt Build. I'll post pics as it gets assembled.
So far I got The Block built, Wesico 9.0:1 and Eagle rods. I Pulled the 7 bolt out today since I was snowed in from work. Pic below (say goodbye to the 20G)
Waiting on UPS to bring the rest of my goodies (oil pump, turbo)

Parts List: Are parts are NEW

6Bolt block .40 over w/Arp mains
Wesico Pistons 9.0:1
Eagle H-beams rods
Cometic 1.6mm Headgasket
Oil pan
Front case w/gears
Timing cover (black)
Mitsu Gaskets
ACL Race Bearings
Act lightened Flywheel (6 bolt, USED)
6 puck kevlar/carbon clutch
DNP Manifold w/matching O2 housing
FP Green Turbo

Using my old head with 300 miles on it. Has evo8 springs, retainers, 272 cams, Arp head studs.

Last edited:

turbowop

They must have changed the green a bit. My old one used a six blade compressor wheel. Is that an HTA version or something?

Last edited:

Vman911

found this on FP Green

- The Green turbo is a Mitsubishi/Garrett hybrid, with a compressor flow of 730cfm, and around 500hp. The turbine wheel is the larger TD06H rather than the TD06. Testing showed no increase in response using the TD06 in place of the TD06H and the smaller TW only reduced overall turbine flow. We pioneered the Mitsu/Garrett hybrid design to make use of the bolt on convenience of the Mitsubishi housings, and the super efficiency of the Garrett compressor wheel. We modified the Mitsubishi bearing housing to include our exclusive Monster thrust bearing which isn't going to be found in cheap immitations. The Green utilizes a modified TD06 compressor housing with a 3 inch inlet. The outlet faces down, and thus the Green bolts up just like a standard 20G turbo.

turbowop

That's what it said back when I owned mine as well. It was always a TD06h turbine wheel and a 50trim compressor wheel. Your compressor wheel is different though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

My old FPgreen from back in '03:

onesickcrx

Looks like a HTA wheel.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TylerAdamson

Quoting Vman911:
Got the FP green Polished and Installed on motor...

Holy oil feed line batman!! Any particular reason you chose to do a -6 as opposed to the usual -4?

2of9

damn that engine looks hot as hell! equivalent to olivia wilde's half nude pictures. sweet stuff man.

belize1334

Love those clear cam covers. Fantastic melding of aesthetic and functional IMHO.

Vman911

I had a friend polish the valve cover for me. I did recut a new COP plate (in pic) 1/2" lexan. My other had a couple cracks where I tightened it down to much.

I almost want to put it in my living room for awhile. I hate to see it get dirty.

Last edited:

Just curious, is that a VR-4 spec radiator, and what brand is it??

Looks very nice with all that bling bling in the engine compartment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Damn pretty, son!

Vman911

that is a ebay alumniunm rad for the 89-92 galant vr4. Came from china. Doesn't fit right with out modifing the brackets on top and bottom. Sensor hole is too small also had to retap it bigger.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts