The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Timing Belt and Head Gasket question...

SleepinGVR4

I have a Power Enterprise Timing Belt on my car right now and was wondering after how many miles they should be changed? Should the Kevlar belts be changed as often as the OEM timing belts? I ask because I might very well need to tear my engine down and it only has 30K miles on it now.

I'm also using a Fel-Pro PermaTorque MLS Head Gasket. Can you reuse these head gaskets?

CutlassJim

Lol this is one of the big reasons I don't use big money non reusable parts. I have no dilutions that my engine will come apart before minimum factory recommended intervals. On that note I would reuse that timing belt at least until 60k. They are made stronger to take more abuse and or last longer. The headgasket I have no clue. I only run organic OEM.

I've seen those head gaskets reused plenty of times on v8s. Some people wont reuse them, some people reuse them quite a few times. It's going to come down to how it looks when you pull apart the motor.

dmj

I don't know about other people but I have never reused a head gasket simply because once you torque it down all sealing surfaces gets compressed around bolt holes ,waterjacket holes etc. When you reuse a 2nd time there is less to compress which can compromise the gasket ability to conform to any irregularities between the head and block. Ultimately the choice is yours.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts