The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cleaning yellowing/cloudy headlight lenses

4orced4door

I didn't do this on a Galant, but I'd like to recommend this product to you guys anyway. My '97 Avalon had cloudy, yellow headlight lenses. I don't have a proper before picture but you can see them here, compare them to corner lenses.

I picked up this kit for about $10 after rebate:

click

You use it with a power drill, they recommend 1200-1600 RPMs, but I used a 12V Ryobi which is what I had available, 550RPMs. So I imagine you might get better results with the right drill, but at the risking of burning the lenses if you don't keep it moving. It took me 30-45 minutes start to finish. End product:

Pretty huge difference for minimal effort and cost if you ask me. Would be great for a lot of people's stock headlights.

Ian M

Since Galant headlights are glass,I doubt that kit is going to do much for us. It does work wonders on plastic headlights though!

We provide headlight restoration where I work,not only does it make a huge difference in the appearance of the car,and how much brighter the lights are,but also the cutoff and pattern of the light. I've had some that were un-aimable with a optical aimer until the lenses were clear again.

I recently told a friend of mine who owns a restoration/bodyshop about it,he's turned it into a easy quick way to make a few bucks. He fine streamlined the process a little by using a full size DA (as opposed to our mini DAs)and gets $100 for 10min of work. He's done a few in the past week. Not bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

4orced4door

You know I totally forgot that the lenses were glass on Galants. Shows how long it's been since I had one. Maybe it'll still help somebody out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mods feel free to move to Anything Goes if you want.

Last edited:

Barnes

I could use this for my Camry. But they have soooo much damage from rock chips and being sand blasted desert style that I might just replace them all together. Good info!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts