The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stereo Fascia?

Does anyone know where I can track down a double-dinn stereo Fascia for our cars? I've googled to no avail. I found the wiring harness converter I need, which is nice, but I'd like to find a fascia too.

Just bought two 6.5" Infinity References for the rear deck, 5.25" for the front doors, and 4" for the dash. Got all three sets for 84 bucks! Brand new! YAY no more blown stock speakers!

Also, anyone know the wattage on the stock stereo (tape deck w/equalizer)? I don't really plan on installing a new headunit VERY soon and would like to know if the stock unit will have any problems driving my new speakers.

Sorry about the audio postings, I have avoided touching the stereo on this car for as long as I could, but after years and years the stock speakers are finally DONESKI and need to be replaced.

mitsuturbo

Do you mean two holes instead of one large one? Those fascia are not super common these days, though. I've managed to get my hands on a couple and I'm quite proud of them, actually. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Check the junkyards often. You can call the pull-a-parts and they will tell you if they have a specific make/model/year of car.. you just have to go see if they have parts on them you can use.

Ian M

I have gotten a couple OEM ones (plus the pocket) from JNZ about 4-5 years ago,but I don't know if they've gone NLA since then.

curtis

Just watch the for sale threads they do pop up but not very often anymore because the base model cars are becoming harder and harder to find in the yards.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned