The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Downpipe Question...

Dan D

Don't get a 2g CX racing DP. Mine fits horribly. Makes what used to be an easy task - installing or removing the exhaust - a total bitch. It hits the body and doesn't line up with stock orientation flanges well.

KiNgMaRtY

I had a Megan 2g on 611 and it fit great. I then tried a PNR on my 1g and it just fit. The Megan had better fitment and clearance all around

Last edited:

Street Surgeon

Don't get a CPE downpipe... Mine has less than the width of a hair between the flex section and the transfercase. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

SleepinGVR4

I'll probably get another megan racing due to price. I just wanted to know if the 2nd gen fit better than the 1st. And is one longer than the other?

raptorWagon

The Megan 2G AWD is longer as it eliminates the need for a catalytic converter. It also fits better than a 1g downpipe.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned