The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Size of Speakers?

Brunoboy

I was wondering the size of our speakers in the car. I want to upgrade.

ktmrider

Seriously?!?

Sorry for busting chops but this is asked/answered a bunch of times. SEARCH.

Brunoboy

I dont care im on an iphone, i asked a question, thats not an answer to my question.
-shane

Jesh

I believe the fronts are 5.25" and the rears are 6.5" not sure though.

front dash are 3.5 doors 5.25 rear deck 6.5 or according to caps 10cm,13cm and 16cm.....

Last edited by a moderator:

NickDromez

i got these in the door and i like them click. my rears are 6.5 and they are starting to blow out and my front dash are 3.5 stock...

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting NickDromez:
i got these in the door and i like them click. my rears are 6.5 and they are starting to blow out and my front dash are 3.5 stock...

Do those fit in the doors depth wise? Or did it take modding something for them to fit?

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting brunoboy:
I dont care im on an iphone, i asked a question, thats not an answer to my question.
-shane

If it's a question asked before, then ask it in the newbie section next time please. There won't be any chop busting in that section.

KiNgMaRtY

Crap, I bought some 4" For the dash this weekend. Hope they fit or hope there is some wiggle room for them to fit.

KiNgMaRtY

Just did a quick search and looks like I should be okay with 4" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mitsuturbo

Quoting jepherz:
Quoting NickDromez:

Do those fit in the doors depth wise? Or did it take modding something for them to fit?

I cut out the plastic housing a bit to accomodate the speakers. The outside diameter isn't really that far off from the stock 5.25's. The plastic housings push the speaker in further toward the cabin, away from the window when it's down. I also took out the plastic right behind the grill. There's a crisscross pattern of plastic back there, that once removed, provides plenty of room for cone movement. 6.5's are easy to fit as long as they're not something with some monster double magnet on the backside.

SouthCaliVR4

^^^I'll vouch though I think my fronts are six inch, but it took very little to install them & I didn't have to do anything to the door panel.

NickDromez

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Quoting jepherz:
Quoting NickDromez:

I cut out the plastic housing a bit to accomodate the speakers. The outside diameter isn't really that far off from the stock 5.25's. The plastic housings push the speaker in further toward the cabin, away from the window when it's down. I also took out the plastic right behind the grill. There's a crisscross pattern of plastic back there, that once removed, provides plenty of room for cone movement. 6.5's are easy to fit as long as they're not something with some monster double magnet on the backside.

+1. i had to cut away at some of the plastic which really wasnt much of a problem, the hardwear and everything fit perfectly

ozyvr4

A 4" does fit in the dash no problems. I have a set of Canton 4" splits in the standard location, no cutting. The tweeter is mounted in the centre of the speaker but has a x-over to run them. The door will take a 5.25" with out cutting & 6.5" in the rear. All under the standard grills.

Brunoboy

ok when talking about speakers, What is a Two way speaker? and whats normal?

NickDromez

2 way speaker just means that it has a tweeter built into the speaker, that way you get your lows and high without having to buy 2 seperate speakers. (these are normal)
3 way means it has a tweeter and a midrange so you get all of the sound
im not a big fan of 3 way since it seems that too much is going on for on little 6.5 speaker. i would stick with 2 way unless your getting some really good quality speakers
and speakers that dont have the tweeter or midrange are just called woofers, used solely for the dirty "wubs"

Brunoboy

Thanks for the info.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts