The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

521/1K Is Getting A Facelift

BluFalcon

I recently got around to installing my JDM bumpers on the car, along with my JDM hood. I had some money squirreled away for a decent paint job and bodywork so I dropped it off with a buddy who works at a dealership bodyshop. He's been working on it off and on as a side project and sent me these pics Sat night to show the progress he's made.

Paintg3.jpg

Paintg2.jpg

Paintg1.jpg

Paintg4.jpg

Paintg5.jpg

Paintg6.jpg

Paintg7.jpg

dmj

It's looking real good post some pics when everything is reassembled /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

BluFalcon

Spam: I've got about 3000 in it so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif I had to take care of some rust under the lower part of the front fenders on both sides. I did blow my "budget" slightly, but from what I can see so far, it was worth it.

Tyler: Yeah, I got it from a buddy who got it off E-Bay. I have a CF cover, but got tired of worrying about it getting damaged as it's pretty thin. The AMG cover adds a "WTF" factor whenever anyone who doesn't know anything about these cars pops the hood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Romanova

Glad I'm not the only one with AMG plug cover hotness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DR1665

That's awesome, dude. Good on ya. Sure, you paid your body man for his efforts, but buy him a beer, too. That's looking fantastic.

SleepinGVR4

Looks amazing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Not only do you get the FP hook up on prototype parts but now you have a great looking paint job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

LUNARFX

Can't wait to see it all done Ed!!!

BluFalcon

DR1665: I definitely need to buy him something. The guy who did the body work usually only works on high end German cars and older muscle cars. I'm not sure but I think my buddy had to talk him into taking this on. He said that the car looked a bit out of place in the shop at first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SleepinGVR4: Thanks. The way it's going, by the time those parts find their way onto the car, they won't be prototypes anymore.

Red Bird: The B-Pillar post is probably painted body color ATT. However it's supposed to be black when it's all said and done. I told the painters that I wanted everything like it came from the factory. Whatever was black stays black, if it was body color.... and so on. The color is H52 Kensington Grey. My buddy said that he had the painters do a coat of black primer underneath the basecoat to try and bring out the color a bit more. I'm not sure if that's going to do anything, but then again he's the body guy and knows what he's talking about.

Ernie: I know man. The wait is killing me.

I might get to go by the shop this weekend and take a look at it in person. The bumpers still need to be sprayed, along with the body cladding and wing. He also said that the painters managed not to damage the stickers underneath the JDM hood when they prepped it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif After the rest of the stuff gets painted, then it goes back together. I'll be sure to update with more pics when I get a chance to get them.

LUNARFX

Will you be going strictly back to OEM, because I plan on shaving the antenna, every single keyhole, etc.? I'm trying to do away with the USDM side cladding to get rid of the ridges without having to get the AMG kit(since they're not readily accessible). Know what I mean?

BluFalcon

I planned on leaving it as OEM as possible, so no shaving of anything. I did want to get a JDM fuel filler door for it while it was being painted, but never got around to it. I'm not a fan of the ridged body cladding either, but I think the car would look weird without those pieces in place.

Quoting BluFalcon:

Red Bird: The B-Pillar post is probably painted body color ATT. However it's supposed to be black when it's all said and done. I told the painters that I wanted everything like it came from the factory. Whatever was black stays black, if it was body color.... and so on. The color is H52 Kensington Grey. My buddy said that he had the painters do a coat of black primer underneath the basecoat to try and bring out the color a bit more. I'm not sure if that's going to do anything, but then again he's the body guy and knows what he's talking about.

Wow, fresk KG looks so much better than 20 year old KG. What about your door cladding? Are they repainting the original or are you getting new door cladding?

BluFalcon

Repainting the original pieces. He said that the prep work would probably take some of the textured look on the cladding off a bit. I still need to get with him and see what else has been done since the pics, but I don't want to pester him too much.

BluFalcon

Car is done. I get it back tomorrow or possibly Friday. Here's the latest pics that were sent to me:

iphone517.jpg

iphone518.jpg

iphone519.jpg

iphone520.jpg

iphone521.jpg

Once I get the driveline noise issue sorted out, i have some more parts that will be going on the car. Ground Controls, Koni Yellow Front Struts, FP3052, 3KGT VR-4 Brakes, 2.3L Motor, New Wheels and a bunch of other stuff I've been squirreling for the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned