The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What color to paint calipers?

stealthtt24

So I got new calipers and I want to paint them. Right now they are like a grey goldish color. My car is nile black with some sparkles in it in and will have black rota slipstreams with slotted rotors all the way around. Black calipers would be too much, red is out of the picture cause it would terrible. My friend suggested a light grayish metallic color, what do you think? thanks for the suggestion guys!

stealthtt24

also this might be asking a lot but if anyone has pictures of black gvr4s, black rims, and painted calipers I would appreciate it!

steve

1 vote for assmilk pearl white

steve

Would red really be so bad? Maybe gunmetal grey.

G

Staff member
Quoting steveGLS:
1 vote for assmilk pearl white

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

stealthtt24

Well it seems to be between black or gunmetal grey and really the only thing stopping either 1 is pictures. I guess I could paint em and if I don't like it, just change to the other color.

jepherz

Staff member
My car is all black with black painted stock calipers in the rear, and aluminum camaro units in the front. The big difference is you can see the rear calipers even less than the front...

BrandonEchols

White...it's the fastest color and since you're stuck with a NB car...

If they are stock brakes why make them stand out with red. They are tiny so understate them with a dark grey or black.

If they are 3kgt brakes or bigger then maybe dark red?

4thStroke

No point on flaunting small stock calipers. Paint them dark or leave them raw. I'm sure you could put your time to better use repairing something.

citymunky

If they are stock 2 pistons, paint them black so you can't see them.

steve

For stockers black or... I still say gunmetal grey.

curtis

eastwood on ebay

Every garage needs a can of spray grey, detail grey and aluma blast....I'm thinking aluma blast on a all blacked out car would look good. I think the eastwood catalog as a deal on one of each in a package deal.

eastwood silver

Here you look ....

I'm thinking sublime or gold look like a cadmium or gold iridite. Not rattle can gold but the cadmium washed look. And don't be talking sh*t about sublime. Would be bad ass if the wheels and the cars attitude matched well.

Proff............ click me and scroll down and me too

LUNARFX

Brake dust black.

You could always powdercoat.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts