The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ETS Intercooler Kit Price Reduction!

dmj

Excellent freaking price for quality built kit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

TylerAdamson

I'm not sure if that is a permanent change, they announced a 15% sale earlier this week for the holidays. If it is permanent though then that's awesome.

Brunoboy

i would assume, there isnt many of cars left. so I dont think price should be that high for something that wont be sold as often as other products.

dsmer06

That's about what I paid last year when they had their holiday special. I'm guessing it's not a permanent change.

Darksyn,

i have a buddy at ETS he said its only for a limited time only! I would say until 1st of JAN

SleepinGVR4

+1 for ETS. I didn't purchase one of their kits. But I did have them modify the end tanks for the core they sell for the GVR4 kit. After getting prices every where I could find, ETS had the best price and I believe I got the intercooler a week later.

thedsmguy

FYI I dont think they keep much of a stock of gvr4 specific kits completely built as it would only take them a day or so to build one from scratch. You should see all the jigs and stuff they have to build all there wonderful goodies.. I live close enough to have seen the operation first hand its sweet.

dmj

Read the slick ad carefully. That price is for the intercooler only. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Nartanian

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

BluFalcon

If you still have A/C in the car, be advised that ETS revised their hot side piping awhile ago and it's a very tight fit. The newer style piping features a 2.5 in diameter hotside pipe going into the intercooler, and it may rub on one of the A/C condensor fittings on the D/S of the car.

Last edited:

Adorsey

Found a hole in my a/c lines right in that spot from the clamp rubbing on the line.
Could have been avoided but the previous owner installed the kit when I got the car so...

Quoting BluFalcon:
If you still have A/C in the car, be advised that ETS revised their hot side piping awhile ago and it's a very tight fit. The newer style piping features a 2.5 in diameter hotside pipe going into the intercooler, and it may rub on one of the A/C condensor fittings on the D/S of the car.

Thanks for the heads up!

I did notice that there appeared to be two pictures of the kit with different intercooler inlets. Which one interferes with the A/C?

raptorWagon

That top pic is the current design, Ed you originally had the older design correct?

BluFalcon

Yup, I had the older kit pictured on the bottom. I got rid of that kit and ordered the newer kit because I wanted a core that would bolt to the core support of the car rather than the USDM bumper support, and also wanted the core anodized black. Got the new kit, didn't like the way the hotside piping fit, and called ETS. They bent over backwards to work with me, and were very helpful. What I ended up going with was a old style core and piping setup, but with the newer style mounting tabs so I could use my JDM bumper. Supposedly there is a performance benefit to the new style piping since the diameter for the intercooler inlet went from 2.25 to 2.5 in on the hotside. I have some pics somewhere that illustrate the clearance issues I mentioned.

Not trying to bash ETS or their kit, just wanted to point out an issue that may concern some people.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts