The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DS-Map/ Jackel Users

citymunky

If you use DS-Map/Jackel, what are you thoughts on the program? I don't like the SAFC, and I want something better. I read a lot about ECMlink V3, but now I what to know a DS-Map. Is it a easy program to learn? What features stand out?
I know DS-Map can be used to put down some good numbers like here:

FAST GVR4

Last edited:

DR1665

I'm not using it yet, but have all the parts ready to go once the car starts going back together this winter. From the research I've done, it seems like a great solution for those of us uninterested in dropping a lot of coin on Link or spending the time wiring up a Megasquirt.

I'm also looking forward to pissing on these stupid MAF sensors and throwing them in the garbage where they belong.

raptorWagon

That GVR4 belongs to NateCrisman on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy_S

Quoting DR1665:

I'm also looking forward to pissing on these stupid MAF sensors and throwing them in the garbage where they belong.

You could vent to atmo!

citymunky

Quoting raptorreed:
That GVR4 belongs to NateCrisman on here.

I know I read about him, and visited his blog and store.

DR1665

Quoting Andy_S:

You could vent to atmo!

BIG WORDS.

I actually ran a very early version of DSMap back when i had 1280. the bin was dated 2005.
It worked excellent and basically fired up the first time i had everything connected properly. I did not use an ostrich though, i oped to burn chips and swap them out. i probably burned 200 chips during the time i had the car. Im also retarded for tinkering so i made a lot of my own mods to the code and all tuning changes i made were direct bin mods via a hex editor.
overall its an excellent platform and for the price you cant beat it.
a lot of old school and by-the-book DSMers say its unnecessary since a 2g mas or evo8 mas will read enough air for 90% of peoples needs, but i think its still an excellent choice for many people.
the main downside of speed density is that it does not directly measure airflow like a mas, so any changes you make to the efficiency of the motor(cams, compression, exhaust, intake, anything really) will throw the tune off so you will either have to hope its not enough to mess anything up or do a re-tune.

citymunky

Thanks for your input! I like you heard the it was a good tuning solution you. I already made up my mind with running Jackel. ECMlink seem to like to simulate alot of inputs (i.e Narrowband simulation when a 0-5 volts output and deduce it down to 0-1 Volts?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned