The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

will this fit with 3kgt vr4 brakes?

Tre3zy

im wondering if this wheels will fit if i put my 3kgt vr4 brakes.... without putting spacers

click

Tre3zy

yea thats what i was thinking.... just wanted to clarify it thnx though..

-triz

boostedinaz

The off set has little to do with the fitment of the brakes. Spoke design is more critical for brake clearence than offset. The offset could be 100% spot on but if the spokes curve in to much they could hit the calipers.

Spam

Those are the same wheels I was looking at getting for my new daily driver...BMW 318TI. Been trying to search the web hoping someone would have a review on them but no luck.

Last edited:

Universal lug pattern wheels are just ugly most times though. I'd try to find alternatives.

bobdole

Brake clearence is low on that wheel I can tell you that. They will clear most standard brakes. But not BBK. Brake clearence is all in the back pad of the wheel. Nothing to do with the offsets.

Vman911

I had to use a 5/8" spacer on mine to clear my 17" axis rims. Ending up doing back to match but front sticks out a little further then the rear. Calipers just barely clear rims. Those rims look good.

Ralli380Gvr4

Quoting crankwalk:
Universal lug pattern wheels are just ugly most times though. I'd try to find alternatives.

I agree...not so much on them being ugly, but strongly agree on finding an alternative. Because knockoff's like xxr's and rota's seem unsafe and IMO are too good to be true. I googled "xxr wheels quality" and found MR2 forum.
You get what you pay for.

Might as well save for a set of oem Evo BBS's (forged=lighter, stronger and oem standards), found these on
Craigs in Cali

Tre3zy

cool thnx for looking out guys... like i said i just wanted to see what people think about them.... i was just gonna get this as a spare.... i am planning on running the BBS evo 9

Whoodoo

There are tons of horror stories about knockoff wheels. I agree that they are form over function, but they still must meet minimum standards or else they would be sold under 'for offroad use only' status. I bet you all those broken wheels had been raced, or hot a massive pothole or something like that.

Wheels don't just break because your car is too heavy for them. Even a steel wheel will get messed up from running into a curb or pothole. The difference between a steel wheel and an aluminum knockoff is that steel bends but cast aluminum breaks due to small imperfections. Knockoffs work great for a road car and look good too, thats about it.

I agree that, for caliper clearance, offset doesn't play as much of a role as spoke design. Having a smaller offset will get you as much room as possible though.

RedTwo

img.php

The distance between the hub face and the back of the spokes is the critical part. I don't have the measurements at hand so, from memory, you need around 45-55mm to clear 'large' 4 piston calipers (Evo Brembos) and around 40mm to clear 'small' 4 piston calipers.

Tre3zy

hey guys i picked this up a set of borbet type e for my 5 lug swap....they are 17x8 +35 i was wondering if they are going to clear the 3kgt vr4 brakes.... here is wat the wheels look like:

click,r:3,s:0

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned