The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ralliart frt LSD......

381gvr4

I am going to look at a 91+ 1g lsd. Seller states its a genuine Ralliart unit. Anyone have any info on these? Any identIfiable castings or markings? Google is very weak in the info area. Thanks for any help!

RedTwo

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif They aren't cheap and have to be ordered from Japan/Ralliart. I take it he doesn't have any receipts for it? Does it come with the longer LSD gearbox axle too? It's worthless without it.

Ralliart doesn't use the normal Mitsu part numbers:
Ralliart: RA734076S1
Mitsubishi: MD738900

Mitsubishi front LSD unit (E38A VR4 RS):

Not the best, but Ralliart VR4 RS Group N catalog (4th row, 2nd from left)

There's some pretty obvious differences if you look at the shape and location of all the openings in the exterior housing.

381gvr4

Thank god for this forum because I knew what to look for!!! Come to find its an Evo3 unit without the axle! Junk! The kid was offended like I was being extremly rude when I said it was useless! He picked up the phone, called a friend and stated, "I found the axle for you!!!"

I passed! Ive been down this path and the part isnt worth the time/energy/$$$ to make it work!! My understanding is you need the axle and something about the gear bolt pattern is different(?). About right??? Also rumored it wont fit in the VR4 case???

Thanks for all the help!!! Also to Martin 493/2000(?) who sent me great info to my Email!!!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned