The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stock evo suspension reasonable price?

seizer

I wanna do the evo suspension mod and I have no clue if I'm paying a good price. I think they are from a evo 8 and they have 38k on them. The seller wants 200$ for them. If they are in good condition (said they were mint looked new still) is that a good asking price? I never bought used or new suspension parts so I do not have a clue what's reasonable. Any advise would be great thanks!

3rdstrikedsm

That's a bit much and if they had lowering springs on them ever just walk away.

100-150 tops

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
Yeah, that doesn't sound too out of line to me.

I'd opt for $200 for local parts you could see and hold before I'd want to pay $150 over the net.

Last edited:

seizer

Well I had talked to him over the phone and he said that his reason for selling was because he just purchased a whole coilover setup for his evo. For the 200$ it also will include the stock springs (I won't be using them probably resell them) but does that make a difference? I am going to take a look at them today and possibly talk him down either way I just don't wanna be some low-baller. What will indicate besides a beat up appearance that they might be foul when I go an look at them also?
Thanks again
Eric

boostedinaz

Quoting jepherz:
Yeah, that doesn't sound too out of line to me.

I'd opt for $200 for local parts you could see and hold before I'd want to pay $150 over the net.

Agreed. I would much rather be able to fondle them inperson then hope what some dude sent is in good condition. The extra 50.00 in the scope of building a car is no big deal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned