The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Some update on my car

I changed wheels a while back downsizing from 18's to 17's. I did this for a few reasons:
1) I wanted more meat on my tires
2) I went 5 lug
3) I wanted to be able to move my front wheels to the rear or rear to front if need be. I had modified my front 4 lug 18's to clear the big brakes. So If I ever had a flat in the front I was sol.
4) Wanted a spare tire

Installed a new CF Trunk - I sold the last one I had a long time ago & put the stock trunk back on. The car looked so good with the CF trunk I had to put another one back on. I'm eventually going to put a stock CF Spoiler on there as well. Just waiting on some installed pictures from CJ to see how his looks.

Installed my Evo seats with Curtisco custom seat brackets - I've had these seats for over 2 years sitting in the garage & Curtis came through with the custom brackets to install them.

IncorpoRatedX

beautiful!

Looking good...... what wheels are those? Did they clear the 3000gt brake calipers without a spacer?

kartorium

Seats look really good in there Garfield! The rest of the car looks great as well! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Whoodoo

They look exactly like mine - rota torques?

EDIT: Never mind, they gotta be evo 9 enkei's. Or maybe another knock off?

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Looking good GW.

Curtis - I actually have the lip to put on. When I had the factory trunk on with the factory spoiler it seemed to better compliment the lines of the car & gave it a more complete look. I haven't reinstalled the spoiler lip yet because I'm considering putting a CF factory spoiler on. I'm just waiting on some installed pictures from CJ before I pull the trigger.

Whoodoo - They are infact Rota Torques. I do have some Evo BBS wheels but I'm probably going to sell them to a local guy.

Joel150 - They cleared the calipers with lots of room to spare.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedTwo

Looks sweet... apart from the green/yellow carbon fibre, is that just a reflection of the tree behind?

Whoodoo

Interesting how the suede in the doors looks more blue than the seats' blacker looking suede. Does it look like that in real life? I know pictures usually do weird things to those evo seats.

RedTwo - That's a reflection of a tree givving it that greenish look

joel150 - Yes, 17x8+35. I will double check the offset & confirm for you today.

turbowop - Yeah, I definately need some new floor mats. I've had these rubber ones since I bought the car & they've seen better days.

Whoodoo - It's the camera. After I took the picture I notice there were finger prints all over the lens.

Whoodoo

How much clearance is plenty? I have those same wheels but in +45 offset and it would be great if I could keep them.

These wheels are +35 offset. I measured the clearance at the tightest point today & it's 8mm clearance. So technically if you run a 5mm spacer you should be good.

4Grim

Car looks great Garfield! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

damn garfield I gotta get some evo seats now they look real nice car is looking good

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts