The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Collectors Car Insurance (aka Hagerty/Grundy, etc)

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you, who happened to not have a lot of money, have tried getting a VR4 qualified for collectors insurance. I have basically been unable to buy a GVR4 because of insurance prices for a guy my age (upward of 1k) and a friend of mine, who recently bought a Alfa Romeo GTV2000, got Hagerty insurance for $113 a year, and it sounded like a great idea.
Thanks

BoostedAWD91

i was gonna get it for my car through state farm. It would drop my bill dramatically a year from what i am paying now. I just tell them how much i want to insure it for. The only downside is you can only drive 2000 miles a year

curtis

I think Terry P spoke once of it I'm sure he'll chime in.

alansupra94

I have it done on my supra.

I forget exactly what I had to do. I will double check to see if I remember.

Last edited:

GIjoe

I have it on my VR-4. But I'm in europe, so this info isn't too helpful, is it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
($150/yr!)

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Spoke with a Haggerty rep at the Walter Mitty this year. Main qualifiers are the miles you can drive it, and the storage requirements.

They will agree to insure almost anything as long as you meet their guidelines.

You need to call them and talk to an agent. Every insurance company has different rules but most offer a collector car policy. In order to get one through my ins company I had to have the car appraised.

Oddly enough my agent said there were no mileage restrictions.

Call them and talk to them.

gtluke

I have my mustang done through Rallye Insurance. They said they would give me a quote on my galant if I could prove it's a collector car, but I didn't follow through since I don't have another garage spot anyway. You need to keep it in a garage. They will do higher mileage plans, but I specifically needed a 3k/yr plan to get the collector plates in NJ. 700hp mustang passes state inspection /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the input guys. Luckily I have a garage and the online quote was something like $108 which is very affordable, plus I only need to drive it like 1500 miles a year. Again, thanks for the advice.
Lutz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned