The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whiteline Discontinued the 22mm Rear Sway Bar

Barnes

So does that mean there are no more inbound to the states? Are there no more left? Or is this gonna happen sometime in the future?

I guess the 26mm rear sway bar out sells the 22mm ones so they decided to discontinue it. The 26mm rear sway bar is still available though. Remember this is a dying market so the really slow sellers are going to disappear with time.

BoostedAWD91

oh really, i thought the 26's were gone too. Did u ever get the endlinks to test fit

The 26mm are still good. I have a few coming in hopefully next week. The end-links didn't show up yet but I called about them today as well & they should be here next week.

cheekychimp

I actually had real issues with my 26mm bar and those endlinks. I think it's a great bar (in fact I just asked Garfield to grab me another one for the other car) but for some reason it would never fit properly. I actually had to take the bar down to a shop and have them match it with a stock rear for curvature and match the holes with the stock bar by welding and redrilling. After that I used stock endlinks and it bolted up like a champ. I might add that I never heard of anyone else having as much trouble and I think it was the issue with the bar that made the endlinks sit wrong. I'd be interested to find out if anyone else has any issues.

I would add however that this is normally the case with me. I always seem to get the last unit of any run that was rushed out at the last minute Friday evening after the QC guy has left /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My DSS driveshaft didn't fit either. It was a quarter of an inch too long. We tried every trick in the book to get it in but eventually just measured everything realized it was just too much extra to play with and got it turned down at the machine shop. Then it went straight in.

381gvr4

My understanding is the GVR4 line of products are discontiued. I thought we crossed this bridge GW trying to find a frt 22mm???? I found my 60x rear as overstock at a vender. Everytime I have tried getting the front ALL venders have said NLA. whiteline told me directly they had only one 22 frt left and it was gone by the time I placed the order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If you go through the GVR4 Whiteline products on my site, I list all items that are in the catalog & mark *DISCONTINUED* in the description for all the ones that are NLA. This way you can tell what's still available & what's not vs not listing the discontinued items at all.

Also, whiteline never made the rear end links before. This is the 1st time they're doing it for the 26mm rear sway bar. I'm hoping they fit correctly but I won't know until I have them in my hands to test.

cheekychimp

That's weird ... I wonder what Jesse sent me before then? I'll have to get the end link I had and post it up. If it really wasn't for the 26mmm bar it would be no wonder that it didn't fit.

Barnes

It was probably a hash pipe disguised as an end link.

G’day everyone,

Hope you don't mind us piping in but we were just told about this thread and suggested we should offer some help.

There have been some discontinued part numbers in the range relating to the VR4 but thankfully not too many as frankly, we've got some pretty loyal customers over in the US going back over a decade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For the current list of what we have just follow the link to the online lookup click . Most importantly, its also still includes the BMR60XXZ adjustable rear 26mm swaybar.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Cheers
Whiteline Jim
www.whiteline.com.au

Thank you for showing enough interest to participate on this board. I personally have your 26mm adj and it is an amazing difference in body-rool. Best handling mog, hands down.
Thanks again

ktmrider

+1 Jim, thanks for the time and info!
Us "cobbers" appreciate it ( as my Perth mate calls me, I think I use the cobber term correctly LOL ).

Last edited:

In an attempt to help out the community, Jesse ordered parts & had them machined. He was doing nothing more than trying to provide parts that weren't available. It's was a lot of work on his end.

As stated, Whiteline didn't offer these before, so I'm pleased they were willing to take the measurements I sent & put together the rear end links for us. They should be here this week for me to test.

G'day everyone,

Thanks for your support guys, its our pleasure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We'll do what we can to make sure these parts stay available as long as people want them.

Just wanted to also mention that unfortunetely we can't follow up private messages as its too difficult to track and monitor through all teh forums we particpate on. Please contact us dirrctly if you need any help or havee specific questions, [email protected]

Cheers
Whiteline Jim
www.whiteline.com.au

BoostedAWD91

Thanks for your continued support and all your help to keep us supplied with parts. Greatly appriciate getting the rear end links together for me!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned