The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Let's play "what do these connect to!?"

moduleunknown

So I've just about put my engine bay and interior back together after paiting and repairing my harnesses and I'm left with a couple of connectors that I don't remember what they connect to (if anything), nor did I take pics of them before removing everything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

First up, this single pin connector with a green wire w/white stripe that branches out of the engine harness inside the car near the ECU and that fat relay lookin' thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif under the glove box. I don't see anything it could possibly connect to. What is it for and where does it go (if anywhere)?

Second, two connectors that appear to clip on to the sides of the fuse box on the interior of the car, driver side. They dangle because their clips are busted off the fuse box... but what should plug into them? Again, I have nothing in that area left unplugged except for those two connectors.

Thanks!

dsmless

in the first pic the big shinny brass thingy is the mpi relay you will hear it click when you start turn the ignition switch, and the other male connector is a o2 signal wire were you could connect a regular narrowband air ful ratio gauge, (don't confuse it with a wideband) you can find it in the vfaq.com under electrical

Terry Posten

The O2 narrowband (as mentioned above) is just a test connector. The black connector next to the fuse box is a data port. It is suppossed to be clipped to the right side of the box. Most of us plug our palm logger into it.

I don't know what the white one is for but it should be clipped on the left side of the box and it has a black plug inserted into it.

cspetros

The black connector in the pic is your ECU Diagnostic port. It's where you would plug in a datalogger to read values from the ECU. I'm 98% certain the white connector goes to the instrument panel wiring harness, which has 2 connectors; one of them is a large wide one that goes into the front center of the fuse block. The other one plugs into your white mystery port. I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Here's a pic of the white one:

^^I'm a slow poster. Terry beat me on the black one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif.

Last edited:

moduleunknown

Thanks for the help so far. I'm clear on two of the three in question.

But that 2 pin white one (circled in the pic above) still has nothing connected to it and I can't find anything left unconnected. It just bugs me since I don't know what it is or what it's for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Here it is versus the two fromt he instrument panel/dash harness. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic in low light.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

1990ggsxnj

Could be a shot in the dark but what about the factory alarm?

misterfixit

the unidentified one is for the roof loom, so maybe sunroof power? if your car has no sunroof?

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned