The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Went to the track today (added video)

CarRacer

I took 83/2000 to the track today. It wasn't the drag strip either. I ended up going to the local 1/4' mile asphalt circle track to participate in their spectator drags. It's pretty tame stuff and you never really know what will show up. It's mostly domestic stuff but some import stuff shows up as well. I wasn't able to get any video because my dad ended up grabbing his Camaro and racing as well because car count was down a little bit. He had fun screwing around and not actually racing. The races were a single lap from a standing start.

There were 2 neons, who I think were buddies as they raced against each other. The other cars were a mustang with headers and exhaust on it, a mazdaspeed protege, and a LT1 camaro, a F-350 turbo diesel, a ford contour (wtf?), and a jeep, and my dad's 67 Camaro.

It was double elimination and ended up being a good time. I raced the mazdaspeed first and that car ended up being pretty quick. Launching against it was a pretty good advantage, but it kept up with my car pretty well. The next few races ended up going by rather fast and I ended up in the final best 2 out of 3 against the lt1 camaro. I started on the inside on the first go around and ended up winning that race. I didn't see the same result starting on the outside on the next race and ended up losing. My car was pushing (understeer) like a dumptruck and I couldn't keep enough speed up to pass the Camaro. I lost the coin flip before the third race and the Camaro picked the inside line again and had the same result.

I was pretty happy with finishing second. The camaro was gutted out except for the dash and drivers seat and was sporting dot drag radials all around. My car didn't put up my of a fight with worn out rt615s. I was surprised to learn that I got $50 for being the first loser though, I was under the impression that we were only racing for trophies. All in all a fun day at the track with the car.

Last edited:

JB

congrats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

NateCrisman

That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun! congrats.

Good runs especially since American cars have been mastering turning left for 60 years.

NateCrisman

Looks like you need to absolutely tree the crap out of your opponent and have more than a whole cars length on the start if your on the outside, otherwise you need to have an insane hp advantage to square up the last turn and walk him on the last "straight". Seems to me it really comes down to the coin toss of who gets the inside on the third race more than anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

CarRacer

No, it's been disabled recently. I needed to change my tire pressures and corner weights. My cross weight is at 50%, which is way too high for that car evidently because it had horrible understeer. VR suggested a rear swaybar and I'm sure that would be a tremendous help.

OMFGeofffff

Looks cool. Theres a vr4 that does the spectator drags down(well up for me) in elko. I was really surprised to see one and if I would've gone to the one at racewaypark I would of thought that this is an extremely small world.

raptorWagon

^ You mean this guy click , I thought he was on here. I know there was a thread on it before and he responded. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

CarRacer

Yeah, he's a member here. His screen name is 1Quick4. I think he's active on mitsustyle more, and I believe he also works at DB tuning. He's a really nice guy, helped me out with my first timing belt job.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts