The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Winter Progect

464/2K

something cool to come from me and jon in the next few months.

The approximate new home for the snail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif No its not necessary but i like to have custom items no one else has.

Also up for 464/2000 is getting the rods and pistons out of this damn block and see why it uses up so much oil. While they are out and about I'm going to be putting the Je pistons and Crower rods in her original block. I prefer to have matching number block and trans, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm weird like that. Hopefully after being re ringed and assembled with a little more care(some random machine shop assembled this block 6-7 yrs ago) no more oil will be consumed.

Next on the list is making sure i can stop after my hp goal is reached. Hopefully the 3kgt Vr4 calipers will fit, I need to get a rotor and see if it will fit when its all together. After I make sure those will work, a Kazz 1.5 way LSD will be going in. I already picked up the 4bolt axles so all I have to do is swap the diff in to the housing.

I have a ton of work ahead of my self but hopefully with the help of Jon, both of us can have her back on the road before summer is over ha. I would like to get the money stuff(machine work, welding of the manifold,rotors) done in the next month because come April i get to start paying my student loan YAY!

gmp

im glad to see your doing something fun with your car again, it prob missed all the attenion...

I wouldn't use the head gasket in that pic. I bought the same gasket set (eBay junk), and it blew within the first three miles. Definitely worth the extra money for a MLS gasket.

That mani is going to be sick! Can't wait to see the finished product. Good luck

TRBODSM

He isnt using those gaskets. Someone gave them to Jon so he could install on a car he was working on but I believe Jon got gaskets that were not ebay junk. Those are just sitting there on his work bench and will most likely be thrown in the trash.

464/2K

As far as head gaskets go Im going to be sticking with an HKS MLS gasket. TRBODSM is right, we acquired them from a customer and as you can see its pretty much complete except an oil filter housing gasket, these will definitely find themselves in a land fill soon enough.

The exhaust flange is from AMS good quality piece.

I didn't figure anyone with experience would mess with that junk. But if I can prevent a potential disaster from happening to a member from a mistake we made sometime ago, it's worth it. Keep us updated.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts