The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help with Suspension Build Up

I am in the market to upgrade the suspension on my Galant. Planning on starting with upgrading the bushings first. I heard that Whiteline made a really good kit- but have been unable to get anywhere with finding a complete kit. After doing the routine maint. of ball joints, tire rod ends, and perhaps wheel bearings. This is my highest priority right now and would appreciate some input from fellow enthusiasts.

After the Urethane bushings, my game plan for is to eventually upgrade the rest of the suspension. I would like to get some thoughts from other Galant owners who have experience with the suspension/chasis modifications for the GVR-4. I am interested in high quality parts and do not care about buying a certain brand name because it's "cool". I am more interested in getting the best "bang for my buck".

Thanks,
Edge729/2000

4thStroke

Im assuming this will be a daily driven car.

The DSM suspension bushing kits will work from Prothane and Energy Suspension. The Whiteline stuff seems to be getting tougher to track down.

Get some big swaybars. The DSM rear swaybar will work if you eliminate the rear steer. The Whiteline GVR4 swaybar clears, but it may be tough to track one down. Some people find this to be a nice balance, but I went ahead and bought the front swaybar as well, I cant stand body roll.

As far as shocks/springs, A lot of people like the KYB GR2s. The AGXs are significantly stiffer, even on their softest setting. I have AGXs and I dont find them to be too offensive, but they arent the most accomodating, either. I still have stock springs.

Also, if you master the search technique on here, there is an abundance of useful information on the site.

Last edited:

Thanks 4thStroke- The goal for the car is to remain streetabiity, although it won't be a daily driver, I do want to have the ability to drive it regularly.

If I decide to keep the rear steer, will the whiteline SB work out? Also, are there any other companies that make a decent set of sway bars?

4thStroke

The Whiteline rear sway bar is the only rear bar that was designed around the rear steer components, IIRC. It seems like someone might have been able to get another bar (from a DSM) to fit with the rear stear still intact, but Im not 100% sure on this. The problem is, the Whiteline bar is getting tough to find. The only vendor (Revolution motorsport) we've had on here that deals them is no longer around, so you may end up having to wait for one to show up in the for sale section or do some serious hunting. I bought mine when he received word that they were going to quite sending them to the USA.Im not sure if theyve discontinued them here or not already.

If you are ok with ditching the rear steer, I would just pick up the thickest bar you can find. Replacing the rear endlink would be a good idea as well. It wont stiffen the ride much.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts