The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The never ending build of 1062.

Galantvr41062

Here is a link to another project thread on my car. I will post updates and some pictures as things are moving along. Thanks for looking.

click

~John

curtis

Oh my God page 5

Man has done cut the front of the car off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Some of the old Buicks from the late 80's had flip forward hoods ...hinges might help what your doing.

onesickcrx

Wow making nice little race car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

fivestardsm

Ummm.. Did you keep the front end? Also, Was the core suport messed up or good?

CarRacer

I think it was good. He wants a one piece removable front end from what I can gather. Whether it hinges or simply pulls off is up to him.

Cool project though, that top mount is sweet and it'll be interesting to see this car in person hopefully.

Adorsey

HOlY CRAP!! I would deffinatly love to see some pictures of this thing up on this site!
Carbon fiber hood, fenders, an front end as one piece would be AWESOME. Expensive, but AWESOME /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

+1 on photos and archiving the build on GVR4.org

Can't wait to see the finished product, what class are you going to be running in?

That sh*t is gonna be nuts..ha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Chim55117

+1 on the awesome build. It's be great to watch you and CarRacer's cars come along. I still remember back in 07-08 when CarRacer came to the meet with his car on the trailer.

Hope to see you at this year's VR-4 meet.

Galantvr41062

Sorry for the long post, but that brings you guys up to speed. I have a lot more pics but this is the kind of the best of the best pics showing where the project is going. If you have questions about anything on the build just post them up or PM me. From now on when I post progress pics they will be posted here also. Thanks for looking.

~John

That shits crazy....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Love the racing seats in the back. Are you bending and fabricating this yourself?
Pretty impressive if so.

Galantvr41062

I have a tube bender with dies for 1 5/8" and 1 3/4" pipe and a computer program to lay out the bends and what not. The front core support has been cut and modified before removal. I plan to make the fenders, front bumper, head lights, grill has 1 piece that can be removed for working on the car. The hood will be held on with 4 hood pins. I do all my own work on the car, I did have a shop that I used to co-own but I am working out of my garage at home again.

~John

Galantvr41062

A little more done on the front end. I have added gussets to the box tubing, bars from the upper frame rail to the lower cross over, which ties into the rear motor mount/sub frame, and the front lower cross over bar. In the next few days I will do the strut tower mounts and fab up the new driver, passenger and front lower motor mounts.

~John

Last edited:

Galantvr41062

I made some head way again tonight. Nothing is finish welded yet but that time is coming soon. The suspension height right now would give me about a 2" fender gap up front. I will be adding more material/bracing to the strut mount, that is mostly done to see tire clearance etc. Now that most of the front end is mocked up time for motor mounts then finish weld, clean, and paint.

~John

3rdstrikedsm

Props to you on a balls out build, I can apprecieate all of that hard work!

Galantvr41062

So far so good, this is not taking as long as I thought. I will just have to find other things to do over the winter. The motor mounts are done, minus mounting the driver side to the frame rail, this will be a pipe straight up with 2 spots for bolts to go. I did go to the stock power steering bracket holes in the front of the block. This will help distribute the load and I hope not to crack the block from OMG HP's. I also added a 22" gusset bar on each of the upper frame rail bar to roll cage. This made the hole front end a lot stiffer. Now I just need the lower cross member pieces and start the finish welding.

Picture_037.jpg

Picture_036.jpg

Picture_0491.jpg

Picture_0381.jpg

Picture_0431.jpg

Picture_044.jpg

Picture_0451.jpg

Picture_0461.jpg

There will be more bracing and gussets as needed but another big step forward this weekend. Thanks for looking.

~John

Last edited:

TylerAdamson

Not sure if you've thought about it yet, but what about using a dimple die and welding plates to the pillars etc.. for added structural integrity?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts