The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Windows always have power?

DougPorcaro

Back in the few weeks when my car was actually together, I noticed I could roll all 4 of my windows up or down when the key was removed, at any time. Not sure if it would have drained the battery because I never gave it the chance. What could this be?

gvr4ever

I think that is normal, until you open a door. Unless a previous owner bypassed something. On mine, I can close the windows and sun roof after I take the key out, just as long as I don't open a door. If I open a door, I have to put the key back in.

prove_it

This is normal. It's like convience power. It will turn off after a little while or when you open a door.

DougPorcaro

No, they will have power at any time long after 30 seconds and whether I open the door or not. Maybe the ETACS unit is shot?

Last edited by a moderator:

fivestardsm

I had a DSM do the same and I was told it was the ETACS, but I never fixed it. I figured, from what info I found on it, that the timer wasn't timing out.

Sorry I can't give you any deffinate answers, but atleast you have a lead to start you somewhere.

prove_it

^1. I would say the ETACS is shot if after 30 seconds you still have power. They are fun to replace.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned