The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power steering reservoir rubber seal

jepherz

Staff member
My car doesn't leak any fluids EXCEPT for power steering when I take it to the track. It's either just heating up enough because I removed the rear steering lines and the cooler up front, or it just spills out from the hard cornering. Looking at caps, it looks like you can only buy the entire cap with the sensor unit, which is $32 and all I need is the rubber seal since mine is like hard plastic.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace that rubber seal without buying the entire cap? Or have any other ideas?

fivestardsm

Do you have the stock VR4 resivoir,or did you go to the TEL resivoir?

jepherz

Staff member
yeah, VR4. Not sure if the TEL uses a seal , but I assume it does. When I get home I'll see how much they are and maybe hope that they are the same seal?

atc250r

Staff member
TEL uses a different (smaller) cap so you won't be able to use one of those seals.

John

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
How 'bout non vr4 Galant? MR272335.

GVR-4

I need one too and have wondered the same thing.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting iceman69510:

Good idea. Do you know for sure that this cap fits our reservoirs? It comes in at a shy under $11.

atc250r

Staff member
The one on my GGSX looks like the TEL one but that one might have been swapped in. Totally out of left field but what about a 2G reservoir?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting jepherz:
Quoting iceman69510:

Good idea. Do you know for sure that this cap fits our reservoirs? It comes in at a shy under $11.

No, I don't and did not get time to check on it. Maybe someone with an E33 and an E39 can tell us.

mjdarg

I realize this thread is old, but I'm leaking at my reservoir cap and can't find much information on this seal. Does anybody have a PN for either the seal or cap assembly with the seal?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned