The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Kelford 280's Just ordered mine :)

After seeing the AMS evo cam testing, I was sold on the Kelfords. I also really liked the GSC S3 cams. I was running HKS 272's for a long ass time, however my car always felt like it needed a little bit more in the top. So I finally did it. I called Dan at MaPerformance and ordered me up a set of the 280's. I wont be able to post any back to back info on them, but I will keep everyone posted on how much I like them.

Here is the cam test
click

I know that Evo's and DSM's are not the same thing so it is not a direct port over, however the Kelfords and the GSC stuff just preformed so well, I figured they had to know what they were doing for the DSM market.

Brianawd

Nice cams. I was thinking about going to a set of there 272s. But I really don't think my HKS 272s are maxed out yet. Hell, shep went 9s on strait up HKS 272s

Quite possible.

I am also happy that he went that fast on hks 272's. He also has access to a lot of stuff that I dont. So if I can pick up some power from a cam that is better suited for my turbo that will make me happy. Everytime I am at the dyno my car starts getting really flat about that 6500+ mark. That is where I am hoping a better cam will start to make a difference.

I also could not find anyone else posting about the Kelford 280's here or on the dsm tuners board. So I figured it would be nice to have some referance for anyone looking at this.

mrnvit

ive run kelfords 280's for a few years in my engine (benefits of them being in the same city)
they seem to do the job nicely, they also built my head.

Terrance362

I could not get through on the link. Huhh. Well my question is what is the difference between Bc's, HKS,Crower, and all the other brands of cams?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
I was going to go with Bc's and get a 280 degree..

Check out MaPerformance, click .

Kelford Site Cam Info
click

AMS EVO 8 Cam Shaft Test
click

Remember the evo 8 test is not a direct compare to how they will function on a DSM. But it will give you an idea. Also read all the info about the BC Cams in the Evo Test. I am not going to say the BC cams are bad but if you have to degree them out of the box just to get them within factory spec that seems a bit odd.

Also remember that you should pick cams for what you are doing. I am running a 37r, and plan on running 40psi. So I picked cams that I felt would best complement my setup. I was running HKS 272's for a long time, and they are a great street cam. I loved them, they were 100% worth the money.

RedTwo

Doesn't Bazeng have one (or more acurately, the exact one off the green Evo) of those dry ice heat exchangers?

From memory, the actual stats of the Kelford 27x cams are closer to HKS 280 than the HKS 27xs, and the kelford 280 cams have a whole lot more lift than most (any?) other cams out there.

curtis

Toys are always a good thing............ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned