The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which walbro to buy?

Gimpin

I am getting ready to buy a walbro 255 ... I thought I read somewhere on here (can't find it now) that the 2G walbro fits the galant better than the 1G ... is this true or does it not matter?

raptorWagon

Yes, because the 2G model has the ports on the same sides as ours where as the the 1g, the ports are opposite.

Gimpin

thanks ... incase this thread gets dug up in someone else's search here is the thread with all the helpful info

click

Last edited:

Grrreeaat. Glad I stumbled across this. I suppose stuff like this is why I hang out with you guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif A Walbro 255 already installed on a 1g pickup was part of the package deal when I bought my engine. I had assumed that it was going to be rather simple to swap it to the GVR4. Yet more fun to look forward to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Or this:

img.php

I definately could be wrong. I just put a new GSS-341 in my car right before I dynoed it 2 weeks ago. It already had a GSS-341 in it. The GSS-341 was installed years ago & it's been so long I don't recall if I did any mods back then.

jepherz

Staff member
If you used hose clamps and a short section of fuel line, it has definitely been modified.

mitsuturbo

I have a GSS315 sitting on my coffee table, neatly cradled in a FACTORY gvr4 fuel pump housing. The 341 should work fine.
I have a GSS341 sitting (brand new) right next to the assembly. It looks identical, and should drop right in. No worries.
I'll pull the FACTORY-STOCK pump assembly out of 555 tomorrow afternoon and compare stock vs what i have here. I'll take pictures and post them as well.

It looks like i may have done a little bending on the tube to get this pump to work, though. It's honestly been so long, i can't remember. I'll be sure and post something that will show any differences in mounting in detail.

EDIT: after looking at this link, it appears as though i must have bent the tube from mounting plate to pump, but it still worked out ok

click

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
I'm a little confused, you mentioned "factory stock" assembly, but the images with the walbro installed show hose clamps and fuel line.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned