The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trans Bearings...

Rausch

Anyone have a good source for transmission bearings for a rebuild?
This came up recently, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good source. They seem quite pricey from what I've gathered thus far...Prompting my question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barnes

Well, it basically boils down to two options:

Buy them from TRE, Shep, Jack's, or the dealer.

OR

Find a cross reference chart that shows what Timken, NSK, etc bearing the Mitsubishi bearing part number is equivalent to. I think some board member from russia produced this list once. I mean, these bearings are plain-jane off the shelf. Basically Mitsu just buys NSK bearings and stuffs them in a mitsubishi sack. It is also possible that if you pull the bearing out, you can read the stamp on it (NSK #). I remember most of the ones I worked with were like that.

So to make a long story short, it is much easier and safer to just call the above listed folks and tell them what you need.

spoulson

I've ordered from JNZ in the past.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
They are not all NSK, some are Koyo as well. Maybe others too.

Yes, Jon is right, there was an interchange list developed, but hellafino where it is.

Barnes

Thanks for the correction Iceman. Make sure that you LOOK at each bearing to see what the marking is.

Rausch

IS not for me, so I really have no real info., but was kind of tying to feel it out a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Found something. I put this together from CAPS three years ago, so not sure how accurate I can claim it to be.

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif That is helpful!

Input Shaft:
Outer bearing: Koyo 26118YR1-N
Outer Race: Koyo 26283-N
Inner bearing: NSK HR32205
Inner Race: NSK HR32205

Intermediate shaft:
Outer bearing: NSK R28-9
Outer Race: NSK R28-9A
inner bearing: Koyo 303/28R-N
inner race: Koyo 303/28-N

Center Diff case:
Outer bearing: Koyo LM300849
Outer race: Koyo LM300811
Inner bearing: NSK R41-1g
Inner race: NSK R41-1g

Center diff drive shaft:
Outer bearing: NSK R31Z-11g
Outer Race: NSK R31Z-11g
inner bearing: Koyo 32009JR
inner race: Koyo 32009J

Frt Diff bearings:
Koyo 6207R (Qty 2)

SEALS:
input shaft NOK AH1292E
Axle shaft pass side NOK AE6901E
Axle shaft drvr side NOK BH3340E
Output shaft to transfer case NDK ISD 30 45 6 AE

Also found some interesting stuff on the four spider. I will give you a call sometime this week Dave and Aaron.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts