The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 Vehicle weight roll call (who's got the lightest?!?)

sleepyvr4

On a quest to find the lightest Vr4's out there - list only if you've been to the scale (with or w/o driver). Also list any major diet plans you've given your car...

What the hell list a 1g/2g/evo if you feel left out or care...

img.php

(Trucklants weigh as much as a luck dragon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Colin

Last edited:

vr4play

My car weighs 2936lbs before the small battery and I haven't removed the 4ws rack and installed my new aluminum radiator. I still have stock hood and trunk as well. The interior consists of two race seats w/sliders and the plastic shell from the dash w/cluster. All a/c and heat is gone along with the carpet and plastic coverings. This winter I plan to remove the abs and any extra wiring in the car that is no longer needed, also going to remove all of the tar from the floor. Installing lexan rear side windows in the rear doors. I think I can get it under 2900lbs with a roll cage once I get carbon hood and trunk. I am using a set of Intercomp race scales to measure.

sleepyvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Nate

Maroon Car is 3220 with me in it, and I was about 180 at the time.

No AC, no cruise, no PS, aluminum rear bumper, front chopped to fit FMIC. Scattershield and 6 pt chromoly bar in place.

gtluke

I need to get to a scale.
Mine isn't tremendously light, it's just really light for not giving up any creature comforts.

#981 is said to weigh in at 2970. No A/C, no ps, full interior, no rear steer, small battery. All the a/c lines have been removed. ABS is intact.

TakumiJr

Mine isn't a true VR4 but ggsx, so its already light, but the last time it was on a scale before I parted was 2890lb with me (120lb).. No interior, two racing seats weighing 10.2lb each, seam welded interior, no a/c,no abs,welded sunroof,alum door panels, gutted trunk, 13.5lb each wheels etc..

ggsx3.jpg

ggsx4.jpg

Pictures courstey of Besso /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Olson

thats what im talking about right there^^^

CP

Mine was right around 3K with a full interior and almost no gas in the tank. 4WS/cruise/ABS removed. JDM bumpers. Full aftermarket (heavy speakers/amp) stereo installed.

NateCrisman

Im currently at 3060 with 245lb driver. so 2815lb

1qkfwd

My drag talon weighs in at 2770 with a full 10 pt cage and full interior. The gvr4 is a different story. I'm puttin it on a diet right now so I'll post back.

sleepyvr4

Quoting NateCrisman:
Im currently at 3060 with 245lb driver. so 2815lb

jeeeebus Nate! and I thought you were a jockey with all those sick times lol...

NateCrisman

No, Im festively plump. Honestly, I need to lose a solid 45-50lb. Im 5'11" and should be 195lb or so at most. It really hits home when you remove the rear bumper support and think "holy crap, this a giant heavy block of steel" and then think..."wait a second, I'm carrying this around my waist every day" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Seems I have much more effort to nit pick for an hour swapping single piston brakes vs dual piston brakes to save 3lb than I do to spend the same hour riding my bicycle to lose the same 3lb. Sad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif I'v rode my way down to 199 twice in the last couple years and gained it all back as soon as I stop riding during winter. I suck. Need to get my ass in gear but have no motivation for excercise.

Last edited:

curtis

Quoting broke down:

I win. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm in second but the JSB pile is up over 2700 lbs probably /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bringing this back from the dead!!
Any one have more input?
I know GalantVR41062 is probably the lightest now,
Last season i had mine down to 2800lb with a full tank of e85 and a lot left to take out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts