The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bosch alternator problems

SleepinGVR4

Anyone else have problems with theirs?

I had all my lights dim to the point I couldn't see and had to pull over to jump the battery to get home. Although my voltage was fine the rest of the way home after I jumped it.

What really pisses me off is that it has less that 9K miles on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I thought they were susposed to have better heat resistance than other alternators.

Brianawd

They have a life time warranty.

Terry Posten

Check the plug on the back of the alt to make sure it is fully seating.

I have had it work its way out and have that same issue.

turbowop

Quoting Brianawd:
They have a life time warranty.

Back when I bought mine it was only two years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
Back when I bought mine it was only two years.

All the ones I got say life time warranty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts