The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dual Guage pods

fivestardsm

Started a new project last night around midnight, and figured I would share. I need to do a final prep on them, then they'll be ready for paint. What do ya think?

Last edited:

curtis

I like it.

1990ggsxnj

Well, are these going to be for sale? (hint hint)

vegeta1170

I'm in for a set. They look sweet!!

Looks pretty good I like the Idea alot. You can just strait to see your gauges an not down or to the left. Look very simalar the the 2gn eclipse colomn gauge pod.. Great job man.

fivestardsm

I'd have to charge an arm and a leg for them!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I already have around 12 hours or better into them and they still arent quite finished! I really only set out to make a double, but it looked a little off with just the left side.

But hey, you never know, I might not like them when I get them all done. As they sit, the 2 top ones are the ones that you can read clearly with out any obstruction's. The bottom 2 can't be seen straight on because of the steering wheel. So I will have to look to one side or the other to view both of the bottoms.

This is pretty much looking straight on

I figured the gauges I want to see most would go in the top 2, Boost and airfuel, and the bottom 2 would be oil pres. and pyrometer. Its hard to say tho, I like to keep a close eye on my Oil.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Last edited:

slobra

I can't wait to see them painted. I need a clean solution for 60mm gauges. I have 2 screwed down to the driver side dash speaker cover and don't want to go the pillar route but looks like I might have to.

Looks great though, can't wait to see the finished product.

BoostedAWD91

thats quite creative!! looks great and u can look at all the gauges without really taking ur eyes off the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif just curious, is there any way to hide the wires with that there?

Last edited:

fivestardsm

The wires are going through the back so you would never see them. I will take some pics and post them up when I get a chance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

fivestardsm

Oh, and BTW, don't ever put masking tape on your steering wheel... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
It peeled the black off from it where I had the tape on it. I should have pulled the wheel off like I was going to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:

RedTwo

It looks pretty sweet. Blocking the two lower gauges is kinda knaff but it still looks cool.

fivestardsm

Well I finally got around to finishing up the pod today. I am still waiting on a guage to wire them all in, but here are few pics of the mock up.

Yeah, You can see it in all the pics, but the last picture expecially is the reason I said don't put take on your steering wheel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Muskrat

Looks great!

I was thinking about this today as I was driving my car, and I think a DSM steering wheel might solve your visibility problems. And it looks like you might want a new one anyway ;-)

I can take a pic of my dash visibility, if you want to compare.

fivestardsm

I thought the VR4 and DSM wheels were the same diameter? I do have a couple of extra VR4 wheels also, and 10 or 15 DSM ones laying around.

Muskrat

Hmm, well I've never seen a VR4 wheel in person, but based on the view of the gauge cluster in my car I always had the impression the VR4 wheel was a bit larger (maybe by .5"-1" in diameter).

If you have them laying around, you could always take a quick measurement. I could be wrong. I was just looking at my dash and thought, from my driving position, I'd be able to see all 4 gauges fairly well. I'm 5.9"

It could be the DSM wheel sits closer to the dash, too.

Last edited:

RedTwo

Just cut the top 1/4 segment out of the steering wheel so it becomes a yoke like KITT from Knight Rider!

dsmer06

Quoting fivestardsm:
I thought the VR4 and DSM wheels were the same diameter? I do have a couple of extra VR4 wheels also, and 10 or 15 DSM ones laying around.

I've put them side by side, the dsm wheel is slightly smaller, and the rim is a lot thicker.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned