The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo Bolts

Anyone have the part number for the turbo bolts that attach the turbo to the exhaust manifold? The stud snapped when I was removing the turbo and I figured the best fix would be to replace it with a bolt instead. I lost my version of CAPS so i can't look it up.

jepherz

Staff member
From the part number archive in the how-to section:

Turbo->Manifold Bolts - MD132656 - $5.50 - $5.63

You should try and get the 2G bolts/washers, and I'm not sure if that's the correct bolt or not.

Last edited:

I'm drawing a blank. What is the advantage of the 2g bolts over the 1g? I swear after a couple years out of the scene I've forgotten everything I knew...

Struc

solidviper89

I had a bad experience with the ARP bolts. Now the car is JSB.

IMHO the ARP bolts are usless for me. Im using the 20yr old stockers.

Just in case anyone is wondering, last summer I installed the turbo with new gaskets and ended up having an exhaust leak, so when trying to fix the exhaust leak I snapped both ARP's off and they are seized in there good. I used Copper anti-seize so that it wouldn't happen but it did anyway.

turbowop

I thought the 1g/2g bolts were the same? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif The 2g washers are the better cone style that lock together when tightened down. Definitely get those.

Dan D

Bolts are the same. Washers are different. 2G double cone washers, OEM bolts, and nickle antiseize. I haven't broken a bolt since the first time I took things apart (10 yrs ago).

mikus

Quote:
I had a bad experience with the ARP bolts. Now the car is JSB.

same here, broke 4 of 4 ARP's on a turbo that had less than 10K since installed

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting turbowop:
I thought the 1g/2g bolts were the same? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif The 2g washers are the better cone style that lock together when tightened down. Definitely get those.

Ahh good call. Maybe I'm just thinking that 2g's come with 4 bolts instead of 3? (if they even do).

In any case, I second the use of the 2g washers.

Struc

Ok then... Stock it is.

2G Bolts: MR187699
2G Washers: MR187848 (2 on each, total of 8)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts